Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

We were in Aruba in December '07 (7th - 20th) and the weather was sunny with 5 minute downpours the whole two weeks we were there. Actually, it was rather 'cold' standing under the palapa on the beach during the rain.

Then the sun would come out and the days were perfect with a nice breeze which we love when sunning on the beach. We've been told December is their rainy season but we've been there in December before and never experienced weather like we did this year.

Returned again January '08 (31st to 2/14) and the weather was positively glorious and sunny every day but the winds were very strong and a few days we got sand-blasted on the beach.

Before we left we made reservations for Dec (9-23). Love Aruba....been visiting the island for about 15+ years.

Is it still abnormally windy?

Wow!

WOW!
    "Weather forecast for the ABC Islands valid until Friday morning 06:00 AST.
    Weather:
    Today: Partly cloudy with chance of a few passing showers.

Tonight through Friday morning: Partly cloudy with a shower or two possible.

Winds: East to Northeast and gentle to fresh; force 3 to 5 (12 to 39 km/hour, 7 to 21 knots). Occasionally strong in gusts; force 6 (40 to 50 km/hour, 22 to 27 knots).
    Synopsis: A few more patches of mainly low level clouds will move at times across the local region. Therefore we can expect a shower or two over the ABC islands.
    Sea conditions: Today wave heights will be between 2 and 3 meters (6 to 10 feet) and especially on our north coasts conditions will become very rough. Due to Northeasterly swells, rather rough conditions are also expected to become locally fairly rough and, especially parts of the south coast of Aruba could experience periods with fairly to very rough sea conditions. Owners of beach facilities and water sports practitioners are urged to take this into account.
    A Small Craft Advisory is in effect as from this morning and will last until further notice. Because of this, users of small craft are urged to take the necessary actions and to continue to monitor our further bulletins closely.

Forecaster: Thomas
    The next weather forecast will be issued on Thursday 10:00 AST (14:00 UTC).
    Last updated: Thursday March 20, 2008 06:00 AST (10:00 UTC)." http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-2347761820_2cac37050f.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

...Winds: East to Northeast and gentle to fresh; force 3 to 5 (12 to 39 km/hour, 7 to 21 knots). Occasionally strong in gusts; force 6 (40 to 50 km/hour, 22 to 27 knots)...

Today wave heights will be between 2 and 3 meters (6 to 10 feet) and especially on our north coasts conditions will become very rough. Due to Northeasterly swells, rather rough conditions are also expected to become locally fairly rough and, especially parts of the south coast of Aruba could experience periods with fairly to very rough sea conditions...
    Wow is right! My parents are not going to be happy with their last full day of snorkeling in waves like that. I guess they'll have to switch to shore scuba diving.
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

22 mph / 35 km/h / from the East

Is this normal??????

I am so excited - we leave MONDAY MORNING.. oh my gosh, so much to do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaDiane36 View Post
    22 mph / 35 km/h / from the East

Is this normal??????
    No , it is not. These winds are much more typical of June.

The waves are still rolling in but the day has overall been sunny and bright.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-tarabeach.jpg  

Oh boy. I hope it clears up a bit over the weekend! And I hope the strike ends. If I had to pick which to choose, I'd talk to Mother Nature. We'll see.... fingers crossed!

As far as mother nature is concerned, you will be fine. The cold front will have disappeared by Saturday.

Question

Hi!

Thinking of honeymooning in August but heard mixed reports of the weather. I know it's (thankfully) a little too far south to face too much hurricane risk but does it suffer adverse weather as a result?? It may well be grounds for an anullment !

Darren

edit: Apologies, just seen this thread...
    August in Aruba
    Last edited by dmcconachie; 03-20-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcconachie View Post
    Hi!

Thinking of honeymooning in August but heard mixed reports of the weather. I know it's (thankfully) a little too far south to face too much hurricane risk but does it suffer adverse weather as a result?? It may well be grounds for an anullment !

Darren

edit: Apologies, just seen this thread...
    August in Aruba
    Grounds for anullment if you take her any place but ...Aruba

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inche (20.3 inches annual)

That 18 mph tradewind helps to keep it comfortable, just tell your beloved, no fancy hairdo's.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast