Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Wave heights are normal
    "Sea conditions: Slight to moderate with waves between 0.5 and 1.5 meters (2 to 5 feet). The highest waves will be over the open waters."

Aruba since 1979

tropical depression

so, do we think that the tropical depression north of aruba in the caribbean is sucking away all of the trade winds?

check out the NOAA link
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo/gtwo_at...area1#contents
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-12-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Yup!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was always under the impression it rains like 10 days a year in Aruba or is that in the past before global warming, lol. I am going in december, the first two weeks so I hope it doesn't rain, especially coming from NJ where the weather is nice only 10 days a year, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I was always under the impression it rains like 10 days a year in Aruba or is that in the past before global warming, lol. I am going in december, the first two weeks so I hope it doesn't rain, especially coming from NJ where the weather is nice only 10 days a year, lol.
    Average rainfall on Aruba is 22 inches per year vs. 41.93 inches in New Jersey. Rainfall in Aruba varies depending upon La Nina and El Nino.

A total of 19.75 inches of rain fell in 2007 and with the passing off the coast of Omar in 2008, the rainfall was 86.7% above average at 30 inches.

Either way the important thing to remember is the rain seasons are divided into three four month parts. October to January is rainy season. During the rainy season, precipitations rain falls mainly early morning or late at night. This is opposite of usual tropical rainfall which is found on mainland South American. This is due to a sea-continent breeze.

February to may is the dry season and "
    June to September bring the small rains." Most precipitation is in the form "convective events". In plain English, we'll just call it local tropical showers.

Meteorological service of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, "On the average, once every 4 years a tropical cyclone occurs within a radius of 100 miles, but mostly passing to the north of the islands without causing serious bad weather." Imo, another important thing to keep in mind is that these tropical systems move rather quickly so if they are going to be an issue it will not come close to raining out an entire vacation.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks Lisa, though now I'm more depressed about "our" weather in NJ, lol. Only kidding. i know that even if there are showers, its usually quick and its still going to be beautiful weather. I guess I only thought that because everyone use to say that about aruba. doesn't matter, my husband & I are going for ten days and I can't wait.

Gaby, no worries over rain. Are you going in September?
    3.7 days in September will have anything over .4 inches of rain.
    6.7 in October. Still not bad!
    Go and enjoy!

going to aruba next week concern about weather

hi there, according to weather.com, there might be scattered showers and even thunderstorm starting wednesday next week, we will be going on vacation that week and we are concerned that the weather might ruin our vacation, should we start thinking of postponing our trip?

Aruba since 1979
    no, do not change your plans

the forecasts are always the same.....scattered showers.

we were there for 2 weeks in august and the forecast every day was scattered showers and evening thundershowers. we had thunder 1 evening for an hour
    and saw no other rain.

these 2 threads talk a lot of weather
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/weather.html
    Quote Originally Posted by vhutchris View Post
    hi there, according to weather.com, there might be scattered showers and even thunderstorm starting wednesday next week, we will be going on vacation that week and we are concerned that the weather might ruin our vacation, should we start thinking of postponing our trip?

Prefacing by saying I know what a miserable rainy vacation can be like, having spent an entire week in Puerto Rico sitting in a hotel room because of pouring rain. I have to say, never in a million years would I EVER cancel a trip to Aruba, even during the rainiest month, December.

Last year during 10 nights in December we had one overnight rain shower. Two years previous, again December, the rainiest month of the year, we had rain every day. HOWEVER, with that said, 11 of 13 days the sun was out and shining brightly by 10 am at the latest after a brief morning shower. One day was overcast and the other day was overcast with a few off and on showers until 3 pm when the sun came out for the rest of the day. First cloudy day was perfect for touring the island and the second with the off and on showers, was perfect for snorkeling. We were wet anyway.

Keep in mind when the forecast mentions rain,

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    During the rainy season, precipitations rain falls mainly early morning or late at night.

Rainy season does not begin until October 1.

Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast