Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks lisa, we are going in december, the first 10 days. i guess all i can say is, it will be what it will be. but when they say rainy season, is there a chance we COULD be rained out the whole time?? please say no, please no, lol.....

Weather

Can anyone tell me the weather for the upcoming week? I see hurricanes are brewing.

if you go onto weatherchannel.com you can see a 10 day extended forcast.....but since Aruba is out of the hurricane belt you really have no worries....soometimes the water gets a little choppy and it's a little windier than normal, but other than that you won't even know there is bad weather in the caribbean...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    hurricanes usually a non issue for aruba.
    aruba is on the southern edge of the typical hurricane belt.

click on this link for a forecast.
    and.............when it says chance of showers or thundershowers and 30 - 50% chance of showers, that is a typical daily forecast.
    the showers are scattered and infrequent.
    typically a shower early morning or evening somewhere on the island.

here's the link
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/AW.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cjrohrer21 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the weather for the upcoming week? I see hurricanes are brewing.

I see it say chance of, But I dont see any sun predicted, just clouds. Is that normal?

Aruba since 1979
    yes normal
    every time we go to aruba (35 times) the weather forecast is the same.
    the forecast shows clouds and scattered showers.

my suggestion to all that are planning an aruba holiday........"ignore the weather forecasts"

it could be raining at the lighthouse, and sunny on eagle beach, cloudy at the airport and sunny at natural pool.

the tradewinds push the clouds around real fast.

last month while in aruba aug 7 - 21, we were wishing for more clouds.
    the sun was hot and intense and we were looking forward to the sun hiding in the clouds.

in december a few years ago, we had rain almost every day over the christmas holidays.
    (dec 07)
    not solid rain out days, but some mornings an hour or 2 of rain and it was inconvenient but did not greatly impact us.
    every day before noon the sky cleared and the weather turned glorious.

my advice is .........do not look at the forecasts.

I see it say chance of, But I dont see any sun predicted, just clouds. Is that normal?

Thanks Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    thanks lisa, we are going in december, the first 10 days. i guess all i can say is, it will be what it will be. but when they say rainy season, is there a chance we COULD be rained out the whole time?? please say no, please no, lol.....
    Please keep in mind, precipitation in Aruba falls mainly early morning or late at night in the form of SHOWERS. This applies EVEN during rainy season.

I was never one to believe in long range forecasts. If your weatherman at home is not reliable, how can the Weather Channel sitting in Atlanta predict the weather 10 days from now in Aruba? If you HAVE TO HAVE a long term forecast there is one here.

Otherwise I would depend upon the forecast at http://www.weather.an/
    Monday
    Isolated Thundershowers
    High 90 F
    Low 79F

Tuesday
    Partly Cloudy
    High 91 F
    Low 79F

Wednesday
    Partly Cloudy
    High 91 F
    Low 79F

The best idea? Like Andrea said, do not worry about the weather.

Maybe just stick your head out the balcony door every morning when you wake up

I know I would be extremely happy today

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba
    Sep 13, 2010 - 10:00 AM EDT /
    Wind: from the SSW (200 degrees) at 5 MPH (4 KT) (direction variable):0
    Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s):0
    Sky conditions: mostly clear
    Temperature: 84 F (29 C)
    Heat Index: 94 F
    Relative Humidity: 79%

Be careful what you wish for. A heat index 94 F at 10 am and zero clouds, means it is going to be a kind of day where you are not going to want to do much of anything but float in the water. Pack extra sunscreen!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-netcam.jpg  

Hi

We're leaving for Aruba on Friday morning and noticed it's 30% scattered showers for the next 10 days - do we have to worry? I'm thinking it's just like FL rain 15 - 20 minutes than sunshine?

Aruba since 1979
    as a florida resident i can say that the aruba showers are unlike the florida showers.
    here in tampa bay we can pretty much count on a good downpour most summer afternoons after 2 pm.......quite often thunder included.

in aruba the showers are more infrequent, mostly without thunder and mostly late evenings and early mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by motivateddiva View Post
    Hi

We're leaving for Aruba on Friday morning and noticed it's 30% scattered showers for the next 10 days - do we have to worry? I'm thinking it's just like FL rain 15 - 20 minutes than sunshine?

Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast