Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    Andrea do you know if there are any webcams that I can watch every now and then?

I saw ArubaLisa posting a still from a cam, but I cannot find any. TIA
    I always look at Amsterdam Manor's beach cam which can be found at either of the two links below:

http://ambrcam.stardotcams.com/index.html?size=1&mode=2

http://amsterdammanor.aroberts.dev.s...om/webcam.html
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thank you Amy!

I was there on my honeymoon after Ivan and the ocean STUNK! Smelled like rotten eggs. And there was lots of seaweed / debris on the beach. Can anyone report on ocean and beach conditions. We get there Monday.

Aruba since 1979
    shan..........the beach is glorious at amsterdam manor

i too was on island before/during/after ivan and most if not all of eagle beach was "off limits" for a few days after the event.

i do not remember a smell there.
    we were at lacabana for 10 days that trip in sept 08 and had happy hour at amsterdam manor pool bar daily. no smell at amsterdam manor pool bar.

yrs ago if the wind was blowing the right(wrong way) we'd get a whiff of the water/sewer plant not far from eagle beach.
    that smell is now non existent.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up From the frontlines!

I am writing this standing in my pool with a clear blue sky and a VERY HOT sun, so normal Aruba weather in other words.
    Completely opposite of what is was like at 10am this morning when the skies opened like never before. I was in my car completely dry and ran into an office in 15 seconds and in that time looked like I came out of a pool with all my clothes on, but hey the rain was warm and I am in Aruba, so who cares .
    It rained for something like 45 minutes and created quite a stir. Many places there was between 1-4 feet of water on the streets, so boy was I happy to have a big SUV, the Toyota Corolla people probably felt a bit different. It was just another fun experience to see what Mother Nature can do and now the sun is at full speed again and probably very welcomed by the people that are here on a short vacation. The upside is that I have never ever seen Aruba this green. (Al Gore will be here in a few days to talk about green, so maybe he is more than just a man after all ). There are more flowers, birds, lizards etc than we have ever seen here. I never saw the fantastic underground owls before, and in 2 days I must have seen at least 10. So a lot of beautiful new experiences because of all the rain and the lack of wind. So I think that a trip to Arikok is strongly recommended right now.
    The major weather system should have passed now, and we should see more stable weather now I guess, with the occasional showers which are refreshing.
    The water is a bit milky, not a problem for swimming but the visibility is lower than normal if you go snorkeling or diving.
    Another good thing about the rain is that most things are extremely clean. Not the usual dust.
    So all in all Aruba is definitely still Paradise.

Carsten

Thank you Carsten, you made the rain sound so positive. Where have you seen the underground owls? That seems like something I'd like to see next week. I really enjoyed reading your report from the frontlines!!

Aruba since 1979
    those poor burrowing owls probably got flooded out :-(

glad to hear things are drying

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    I am writing this standing in my pool with a clear blue sky and a VERY HOT sun, so normal Aruba weather in other words.
    Completely opposite of what is was like at 10am this morning when the skies opened like never before. I was in my car completely dry and ran into an office in 15 seconds and in that time looked like I came out of a pool with all my clothes on, but hey the rain was warm and I am in Aruba, so who cares .
    It rained for something like 45 minutes and created quite a stir. Many places there was between 1-4 feet of water on the streets, so boy was I happy to have a big SUV, the Toyota Corolla people probably felt a bit different. It was just another fun experience to see what Mother Nature can do and now the sun is at full speed again and probably very welcomed by the people that are here on a short vacation. The upside is that I have never ever seen Aruba this green. (Al Gore will be here in a few days to talk about green, so maybe he is more than just a man after all ). There are more flowers, birds, lizards etc than we have ever seen here. I never saw the fantastic underground owls before, and in 2 days I must have seen at least 10. So a lot of beautiful new experiences because of all the rain and the lack of wind. So I think that a trip to Arikok is strongly recommended right now.
    The major weather system should have passed now, and we should see more stable weather now I guess, with the occasional showers which are refreshing.
    The water is a bit milky, not a problem for swimming but the visibility is lower than normal if you go snorkeling or diving.
    Another good thing about the rain is that most things are extremely clean. Not the usual dust.
    So all in all Aruba is definitely still Paradise.

Carsten

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Owls

Saw owls at both near the light house and on a new small road in Noord which I dont know the name of.

Carsten

We are going to arrive from the UK next Friday the 1st Oct, its the First time we've been to Aruba, I was under the impression Aruba was one of the few Islands that was nice year round. Looking at the forecast for the next 14 days I'm thinking not. Is it generally like this at this time, have we picked a bad time to come or is it just bad luck? Hopefully once we are there it won't seem quite so bad if the sun is sneaking through now and then. We went to Antigua in june and it was generally sunny every day except you could take pleasure when the sun went behind the clouds. If anyone can comment it would be appreciated. Thanks

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    its funny, I was under that impression, too, that Aruba was one of the few islands that was almost perfect weather year round. but with the weather changes all over, i guess we have to expect that. even in vegas, where it barely ever rains, my friend said they had colder weather & rain at times they NEVER do not to mention this past winter actual snow they had to shovel (it never usually reaches the ground).... i don't mind if its just showers here & there because sometimes in the heat, its a blessing. but as they say, "it is what it is". we are going the first time in december, the 1st tothe 11th. I'm from NJ so I know that whatever the weather in Aruba is at that time has got to be about 100% better than NJ in December.....

Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast