Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp
    "Weather forecast for the ABC islands valid until Friday midday 12:00 hours October 01, 2010.
    Issued: Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:00 A.S.T. (15:00 U.T.C.)

Weather:
    Today through Friday midday: Partly cloudy with a few local showers and possible risk of an isolated thunder.

Forecast high will be 31°C and low, 24°C.
    Sunrise will occur at 6:24 A.M. and sunset at 6:26 P.M.
    Winds: East to Southeast and light to gentle; Force 1 to 3 (4 to 19 km/hr, 1 to 10 knots). Occasionally calm.

Synopsis: A light wind pattern will combine with available moisture and an unstable atmosphere, to produce a few more clouds and a couple of passing showers possible with a risk of thunder during this forecast period.

Sea conditions: Tranquil with waves of less than one meter ( less than 3 feet ). In or around showers waves could become higher. ...

Outlook until Saturday midday: Generally partly cloudy with a some local showers possible and variable winds."

Rain on the Palm Beach cam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-00408c84c3e8.jpg   Weather-00408c859d6d.jpg  

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

Weather

Rain, everyone says it dont rain in Aruba????

13th trip and it rained five days, one day got 12inches in an hour and the next day 15 inches in three hours.. Let's just say the Tamarijn went through alot of alcohol those five days and there was plenty of fun at the BUNKER BAR...

The rain didnt come down all day, just enough to ruin your tanning session.. Lots of hazy days, NO Wind what so ever, only when the rain came. Humid.... Mother Nature was having her way with us.. But all in all it beats work... I think I brought the rain home with me, just got home at 1:30am this morning and now it's raining like CRAZY... I bet the sun is shining in ARUBA
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

The sun was out yesterday, but raining all morning with thunder and Lightning

Weather

We will be arriving on Sat. and very dissapointed to be reading that the weather has not been very good over the last couple of weeks. My husband says to stop worrying..........it's Aruba, but if anyone can give an update over the next couple of days I would appreciate it. This will be our 12 th trip and I am counting down the hours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LovingAruba View Post
    it's Aruba, but if anyone can give an update over the next couple of days I would appreciate it. This will be our 12 th trip and I am counting down the hours!!!
    www.aruba.com/forum/f18/big-sunny-hello-aruba-47834/#post186262

Posted today
    Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    sadly weather is not so good as was last two days.
    We had heavy rain yesterday and no sun at all

Dom

Whats with the rain?

I arrived in Aruba on Saturday October 2, and the weather was OK. However, from Sunday through Tuesday it has been either raining or overcast pretty much all day. I did not see the sun at all. In fact, the newspaper reported something called a whirlewind (tornato that did not touch the ground) on Monday. There has been ligthening and thunder and many of the streets flooded. There is almost no wind at all. I have been coming to Aruba every year for over 35 years, and there has been more rain in the past 3 days than I have experienced in all of my previous trips combined. I am looking over the pool here at the Costa Linda as I write this post, and I can actually see the sun for the 1st time since we arrived. Hopefully, the weater will return to normal over the next day or two. I am off to the beach.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Arrow La Niņa

Increased rainfall on an island which averages only about 508 mm (20 in.) rain per year is attributed to La Niņa

The Meteorological Service website is down at the moment, but according to the cached copy
    " The moderate El Niņo phase which dominated the weather over our islands during especially the second half of 2009 and the first quarter of 2010 is now history. It was the main reason of the below average rainfall observed during the 2009 rainy season (-74%) in the ABC [Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao] Islands. In fact, with so little rain, the rainy season in these islands was uneventful. Even the SSS [St. Maarten, St. Eustatius, Saba] Islands, which should have received average rainfall during the second half of 2009, received less than that.

Sea Surface Temperatures (SST) in the tropical Pacific Ocean have decreased in the meantime (August 2010) to below average values and that has already lead to above average values of rainfall in the ABC Islands. In the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, the sea surface temperatures are already at above average levels [La Niņa]and the outlook is for these higher than normal temperatures to persist throughout the remainder of 2010. This is forecast to result in a good chance of significant rainfall for both the ABC and the SSS islands during the second half of 2010, including the upcoming rainy season (October-December).
    Last updated: August 20, 2010."

"Weather forecast for the ABC islands valid until Thursday midday 12:00 hours October 7, 2010.
    Issued: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:00 A.S.T. (14:00 U.T.C.)

Weather:
    Today through Thursday midday: Partly temporarily mostly cloudy with at times chance of a few showers and risk of thunderstorms.

Synopsis: Very unstable and moist air continues to move from the South over our local area, bringing at times more clouds with showers and some thunderstorm activity over the local area. Winds will remain mainly light and from Southerly directions. Expect at times some higher seas on the West and South coasts of the islands and owners of beach facilities and swimmers should take this into account.
    "

Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    today is sunnnnnyyyyy yeaaaaaa
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Sounds like NY weather - rainy every day lol

How about the bugs?

Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast