Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Thank you Andrea J.

Thanks for the update. I guess I will be able to sleep tonight and dream of hopefully some sun and fun in Aruba

I will try and keep my hands off on checking out the weather forcast because I am only going to drive myself crazy lol.

Aruba since 1979
    sleep well joeydoll
    a bad day in aruba is undoubtedly better than a good day at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeyDoll View Post
    Thanks for the update. I guess I will be able to sleep tonight and dream of hopefully some sun and fun in Aruba

I will try and keep my hands off on checking out the weather forcast because I am only going to drive myself crazy lol.

Weather for Halloween week

We're leaving for Aruba on Halloween. Although weather has never been an issue on our previous trips (usually in June, July or August) the accuweather forecast looks terrible. Cloudy and rainy all week. Someone please tell me there will be sun and not to worry.

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/aw/aruba/oranjestad/forecast2.aspx
    Some mentions of rain, however it is rainy season.

www.aruba.com/forum/f10/rainy-day-activities-48148/#post187998

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    According to forum member Danny who has been on the island for 11 days

www.aruba.com/forum/f18/day-one-48024/index2.html#post187992

It seems to be a pattern that it rains every night, I dont hear it but people we talk to say it wakes them up.

This is very typical of Aruba's rainy season. It is a beautiful morning today, go and enjoy!

Uh Oh - Look to the East

I wish I was kidding, but, wow, what a massive tropical wave there is just to the east of the windward islands. This looks to be a very large tropical wave that could turn into tropical storm this weekend.

I pray for all on the islands in the Caribbean sea that thing spins itself out.

For all on the ABC islands, hope this thing makes a nice northerly turn. If not, more heavy rain is coming.

Dave from Lisle
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-29-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: i moved this into the "weather" category :-)

Aruba since 1979
    hmmmm interesting "tomas" is forming?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i thought i heard there was a warning for Bermuda? of course it was just a blip on the bottom of the news channel. all i know is it better clear up in the next month cause all this rain is getting on my nerves. i picked aruba for the simple reason it is suppose to "almost never rain" and yet all i've seen is rain. its nicer here, lol, well at least no rain...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hmmmm interesting "tomas" is forming?
    See the link below - you can see it on the right coming in.....

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Sa...ation=DRXX0012

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i thought i heard there was a warning for Bermuda?
    That would be Tropical Storm "Shary" headed toward Bermuda.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Arrow Tropical Storm Tomas

Meteorological Department of Curaçao is "supposed" to have an update at 5 pm today. They are the current forecaster of Aruba's weather.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-29-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Tropical Storm Tomás

CYCLONE MESSAGE NO. 2
    INFORMATION ADVISORY NO. 2
    Date: October 29, 2010 Time: 5:00 P.M.
    Telephone (+5999) 839-3360 839-3361 Telefax (+5999) 868-3999 869-2699 Web site: http://www.meteo.an, E-mail: cur-met@meteo.an

..Tropical Storm Tomás Develops East of Southeastern Caribbean Area..

SYSTEM IDENTIFICATION: Tropical Storm Tomás.

INTENSITY CATEGORY: Minor Tropical Storm.

CENTER LOCATION: Within 35 kilometers of 11.1 N 57.5 W or 320 km southeast of Barbados.

LOCATION TIME: 5:00 P.M.

MAX WINDS NEAR CENTER: 65 km/hr with gusts to 85 km/hr.

PRESENT MOVEMENT: west-northwest or 295 degrees at 28 km/hr.

EFFECT ON LOCAL CONDITIONS:
    Cloudiness and (thunder)shower activity are expected to increase Saturday evening and will persist over the ABC Islands through Monday morning. Total rainfall amounts could reach 50
    [1.96 inches] to 100 mm [3.93 inches] between Saturday evening and Monday morning. Winds are expected to become northeasterly on Saturday evening and should gradually shift to the west and later on Sunday toward the south. Especially later on Sunday these southerly winds may become gusty to near tropical storm force in or near showers. These strong westerly to southerly winds will generate rough seas on our south and west facing shores, as this system's center passes north of our islands on Sunday.

WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
    None at this time. A Tropical Storm Watch and Small Craft Advisory may be required Saturday morning for the ABC Islands. Owners of small craft and beach facilities are advised to start mooring or protect their possessions before Saturday evening.

Local authorities and residents are advised to continue monitoring the further progress of this weather system.

Definitions: TROPICAL STORM WATCH:
    An announcement for a specific area that a tropical storm or incipient tropical storm conditions poses a possible threat within 48 hours.

This bulletin is to increase the awareness of the authorities and the general public and to await future bulletins.

FORECAST POSITIONS:
    DATE/TIME POSITION INTENSITY LOCATION
    Monday, November 1, 2 A.M. 14.5N 68.3W Category One 255 kilometers north of Curaçao.

NEXT ADVISORY: Saturday, October 30, 8:00 A.M., or sooner if developments warrant.

END

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast