Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Exclamation

Windguru is predicting 11+ feet waves at Eagle and Palm Beach on Monday.
    It is probably still with a big uncertainty since Tomas can still develop in several different ways, but it is probably a good day to do other stuff than being on the beach or in the water . (Unless you are a surfer).
    They predict the build-up to start around lunch Sunday

Carsten

I would believe windguru . Those kinds of storms can push waves for well over 500+ miles (800+ km) around.

Lisa, my ticker seems to have vanished and I wasn't on all day...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Lisa, my ticker seems to have vanished and I wasn't on all day...
    Did you adjust your signature at all?

I looked at your code and all that is there is

HTML Code:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][IMG]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/My_next_aruba_vacation/Can't_wait...../201101301300_8.gif[/IMG][/url]
    I would go back and just try to recreate it and re-add to your signature.

Looking a bit better for the ABC's

Date: October 30, 2010 Time: 8:00 A.M.

"EFFECT ON LOCAL CONDITIONS:
    Since Tomás is now forecast to pass farther to the north of the ABC Islands, the expected influence of this system on our local conditions will be less than announced earlier.

Cloudiness and (thunder)shower activity are still expected to increase later tonight and will persist over the ABC Islands through Monday. Total rainfall amounts could reach 50 to 80 mm between late Saturday evening and Monday morning.

Winds are expected to become northeasterly on Saturday evening and should gradually shift to the west and on Monday toward the south. The wind speeds will be in general light to moderate and only in or near heavy thundershowers, the southerly winds may become gusty to strong.

These strong westerly to southerly gusts could briefly generate rough seas on our south and west facing shores, as this system's center passes well north of our islands on Monday. A few swells will start to reach our shores on Sunday afternoon and these may cause breaking waves on parts of our coasts."

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was looking at accuweather and next week (thank goodness I'm not going then) but it shows rain everyday. i don't mean showers but just plain rain. are these forecasts accurate? because i'm not hearing anyone on the forum who is there complaining of a washout but according to the weather sites, there's not even sun. i have 4 more weeks so it better sun up there. my husband said you picked aruba because of its virtual sun (i know yes, la nina) but its raining there more than anywhere else according the weather sites. someone there, please tell me they are wrong or at the very least, looking at the glass as half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i have 4 more weeks so it better sun up there. my husband said you picked aruba because of its virtual sun (i know yes, la nina)
    You still have plenty of time for the weather to get better.
    The end of September there were a series of tropical lows which passed near or over Aruba.
    The past few weeks, the Aruba weather has been back to normal with showers mainly overnight.

but its raining there more than anywhere else according the weather sites.
    Are these "current conditions" or just forecasts. There is a huge difference.
    How many times is your local weatherman wrong on his forecasts?
    Can your local weatherman make an accurate weather forecast for two weeks from now?

someone there, please tell me they are wrong or at the very least, looking at the glass as half empty.
    Can you change your plans and go during the dry season? If not, I would look at it as a glass half full.

My one trip in December, during the rainiest month of the year, I stressed beforehand about forecasts and excessive amounts of rain.
    This too was during a La Nina, my worry was for absolutely nothing. It DID rain all of the 13 days. HOWEVER, the rain was overnight and everyday but two, the sun was out and shining brightly by 10 am. and stayed that way the entire day.

We had one day that drizzled on and off so we went snorkeling and another where it was overcast and we toured the island.
    In other words, we made the best of it.

The same vacation our entire family stressed over the resort we had chosen. Lots of "bad" reviews. We went with open minds and were very very pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Again, worried over nothing.
    We should have gone with a glass half full instead of half empty.

Imo, concentrate on the local forecast agency. They are smart and only forecast three days in advance, no more.

Outlook until Tuesday midday: Partly cloudy, occasionally mostly cloudy with isolated showers and/or thunderstorms.

The next weather forecast will be issued on Sunday at 17:00 AST (21:00 UTC).

3 Day forecast

Sunday
    Widely Scattered Showers High F 88

Monday
    Widely Scattered Thundershowers High F 86

Tuesday
    Isolated Thundershowers High F 86

Another beautiful Aruba day today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-netcame.jpg  

Current Weather

We arrived on Wednesday at the Surf Club. So far it has been mostly sunny with on and off cloud cover. We had our first rain shower yesterday, and one about an hour ago. Tomorrow shows a 60 % chance of rain due to hurricane Tomas north of Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    so glad to hear that the storm will be NORTH of aruba!!

Hi all, we plan on coming down second week of december.... what should we look forward to for probable weather?

Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast