Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by LYOUNG47 View Post
    Hi all, we plan on coming down second week of december.... what should we look forward to for probable weather?

December weather
    Average high temperature 87 F.
    Average low temperature 76 F.
    Average temperature 80 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average windspeed 15 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 31 mph
    Average rainfall 3.3 inches (20.3 inches annual)

Tomas Update - maybe not north of Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so glad to hear that the storm will be NORTH of aruba!!
    Um, maybe not. This stupid storm dropped directly SOUTH overnight, close to the coast of South America. This is highly unusual movement for a tropic storm. This thing developed way south of where storms normally develop, it developed very, very late in the season (normally storms in the fall originate west and north of Aruba) and is moving is odd directions.

All the forecasts yesterday had it moving directly west or WNW and, instead, it sure looks like it went due south, or maybe a bit SSW.

Both the Weather Channel and Intellicast map the storm at a different place that the current satellite picture seems to display. They are all still placing it west of Barbados and far north of Aruba when the storm really is located south of there and almost at the same latitude of Aruba.

If this is correct, there may be Tropical Storm watches for Aruba by end of day.

I hope I'm wrong, but that satelitte picture sure puts this thing much more south than where they are currently mapping it. I bet something changes during the day.

Still praying for northward movement.

Dolby1000

PRESENT MOVEMENT: west or 280 degrees at 19 km/hr.

EFFECT ON LOCAL CONDITIONS:
    Tomás is now forecast to weaken to a tropical storm and it is expected to pass later on Monday, north of the ABC Islands. Based on this forecast, cloudiness and (thunder)shower activity are expected to increase gradually further on Monday evening and these will persist over the ABC Islands through at least Tuesday. Total rainfall amounts could reach locally 50 to 80 mm between Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

Winds are expected to become northerly on Monday morning and should shift gradually to the southwest by Tuesday morning. The wind speeds will be generally light to moderate (7 to 30 km/hr) [4 mph -18 mph] and only in or near heavy thundershowers, the southwesterly winds may gust up to strong (40-50 km/hr) [24.8 mph to 31 mph].

These strong southwesterly gusts could briefly generate rough seas on our south and west facing shores. Swells generated by Tomás will continue to reach our shores through Tuesday and these will cause breaking waves on some sections of our coasts.

WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
    None. A Small Craft Advisory may be required on Monday because of possible rough seas expected to occur on our south and west facing shores. Owners of small craft and beach facilities are advised to moor or protect their possessions before Sunday evening.

NEXT ADVISORY: Monday, November 1, 11:00 A.M.

It looks like Tomas did move south and although is not a hurricane and only a tropical storm, could Aruba be in for heavy rain today? On another board, there is a report of over 6 inches of rain and 2 deaths on Curacao.

Puzzles me why no tropical storm watches were ever issued for the ABC islands. Although not a direct hit, Tomas' rain will have a significant impact on the island.

Dolby1000

According to this weather station there has been .72 inches of rain.

Weather.

Hi,

This has been very helpful! I am traveling from 11/7-11/12. Looking at weather sites I've noted the weather to be vague and only stating to have showers and 30% of rain or isolated T-storms, what is the normal weather that occurs in Aruba when weather sites report that. I've noted a lot of threads do state weather typically does get reported to be cloudy/rainy but occurs sporadically or at night. Is there any local sites /more accurate people use when planning travels to Aruba?

Thanks!!

The local forecast is the most reliable http://www.meteo.an/index.asp
    They are smart and do not forecast out more than 3 days.

I usually use http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/aw/.../forecast.aspx for advanced forecasts, but again, how reliable are they REALLY.

If you want me to show you a long term forecast you can live with TODAY
    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=AAXX0001

Aruba since 1979
    "the only forecast i believe is GEORGE CARLIN'S Hippy Dippy Weatherman.............tonight increasing dark, followed in the morning by scattered light"

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i also now know not to listen to the weather. if my husband didn't show it to me, i would have thought he was making it up. we live in NJ. i was worried about the weather in aruba for our upcoming trip. he said don't listen to the weather forecasts and here is why. he said i want to show you the accuweather forecast for our area this winter. here's what it said: "there is an equal chance that the weather will be higher, lower or the same for this time of year". I kid you not. I read it with my own eyes. my husband said why didn't they just say, "your guess is as good as ours".

so, i will do the only thing you can do, look out the window..................

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i also now know not to listen to the weather. if my husband didn't show it to me, i would have thought he was making it up. we live in NJ. i was worried about the weather in aruba for our upcoming trip. he said don't listen to the weather forecasts and here is why. he said i want to show you the accuweather forecast for our area this winter. here's what it said: "there is an equal chance that the weather will be higher, lower or the same for this time of year". I kid you not. I read it with my own eyes. my husband said why didn't they just say, "your guess is as good as ours".
    so, i will do the only thing you can do, look out the window..................
    Love it love it love it!!!!!!!!

Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast