Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

andrea, my goal was to not check the weather before I left...But what happens is i will check the weather for boston, and think while lets take a peek! panic...this weekend i wont be able to to check the weather at home before i leave since my puppy ate my laptop cord...

Thank you to you and lisa for all your help

Weather

I don't Know about the forecasts but I am here and it is gross. My wedding party's Jolly Pirate trip was canceled this morning due to weather and our guests have barely seen any sun except some yesterday. We will try the pirates again tomorrow but sadly several from our group will have left. It's still great, but it's definitely bad weather much of the time this week.
    Last edited by VA_Bride; 11-09-2010 at 04:42 PM.

i just checked the webcams after reading VA_Bride posts, it looks like people are swimming...I am going to think positive...And there is NOTHING i can do about it, its not like there is some weather god that will change the weather in aruba because I just so happen to show up..If it rains, if it is sunny..I am just going to be thankful, I am in Aruba!! There are thousands of people who would trade places with me rain or shine!!, and i am already thinking negative!..No Debbie downer here!!. I am thinking positive...

Thank you again for all your help!!
    Last edited by Steph853; 11-05-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling

After yesterday mornings very rough weather the day did perk up around noon and ended very nicely, and so far this morning looks encouraging too so hopefully it's turning for the better!

Crazy day! Trip canceled again with the pirates. The good new is no rain other than a quick morning shower, the bad new is the waves came up and over the beach. At the Marriott a few huts were toppeled by the waves and erosion and everyhing past the first row was in several inches of water. People were still enjoying themselves a lot, but the beach is taking a big beating and all the water sports I saw were cancled.

Sorry about the waves. There were even surfers along Eagle Beach... Not normal for sure.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-netcam.jpg  
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-06-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Flew in yesterday and due to the weather the plane was not allowed to land and was held in a holding pattern for about 40 minutes. We also landed coming from the south-side and opposite direction. The surf is real high and alot of snorkel and dive trips have been canceled for the past 2 days. Workers from the Bugaloe told me Depalm Pier had alot of damage and you can see pictures of the Bugaloe on awe24.com. This morning cloudy and rain and was told and hope tommorrow things are going to clear up. Lisa how does it look on the radar?

There's a small "system" hovering in the area:

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Sa...ation=DRXX0012

Hope it goes away soon.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Alto Vista, The Natural Pool, The North Coast, Palm Beach
    Was in Aruba 11-1 - 11-8. Never experienced such bad weather in all 10 years I have gone their. It was crazy. Windy gusty storms blowing thru, with plenty of rain and CLOUDS. The Marriott surf beach was flooded in spots with seaweed. Tons of sea weed! SOme huts were toppled over in front of the Marriott Stellarios. Strange weather for Aruba. Some say it was due to Tomas. Definetly not the warm sunny Aruba weather we are all accustomed to. ugh.

Weather

I was in Aruba beginning of October to finalize my wedding and rained every day. I have my date set early December.
    This is my fifth time in Aruba and although there is a passing rain I never experienced all day rain with heavy winds and flood everywhere.
    Im so worried about my wedding on December. Is the weather getting better? HELP!

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast