Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i have been checking the weather and it seems it will be as ace said for the next 2 weeks.

3 more days....

Aruba since 1979
    we are counting for you gaby

Thanks Ace for the weather update! Good to Know!

I know no one can predict the weather but we were wondering if repairs have started form recent storm damage. We have seen alot of pictures posted showing Aruba Beach Club and Casa Del Mar area with exposed rocks and some beaches with palm tree roots exposed & tiki shade huts down or washed away. Also some damage to pier due to hurricane TOMAS. Has this weather related damage begun to be fixed? I know mother nature takes time, but here in cold NJ when we get hit like that, they move sand about with bulldozers and try to lesson the damage especially with high season coming soon. It must be harder on an island to get things moving-I would think. For those of you that came back from Aruba in the past week please let us know. We are still very much excited about our trip coming up next weeK!
    Sean and Susan

I just replied to you on another forum, but for the benefit of others, this was my response:

"Sand is imported (please do not ask me why) thus is expensive and rarely brought in.

Seaweed is usually the worst part of the debris and stinks as most well know. It is raked and the beach is cleaned. Some resorts own sand sifting machines to sift out all but the smallest particles of debris. For the most part, resorts in the worst case will bring in heavy equipment to move the sand around and flatten the beach. Some times the rocks cannot be covered because there is just not enough sand. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe those rocks are there to prevent further erosion. Sand replenishment in Aruba is done over time, sometimes within a matter of days, by Mother nature.

The damaged palapas are removed and or repaired. The government of Aruba is making some of the resorts take down some palapas which were put up without government permission. Depending upon the resort not all may be replaced."

I can add that I believe the sand is imported due to there only being a limited amount of it on the island. Keep in mind Aruba is a small island. Beach dredging I would also venture to say is not used due to high cost, lack of equipment and possible damage to the immediate ecosystem. Diving is part of Aruba's tourism and Fishing is part of Aruba's subsistence and a business for others as well.

For info specific to Casa del Mar, there is a mention of it here. Honestly the only real mention, "We lost part of the beach because of the bad weather but this is coming back slowly."

Thanks again Arubalisa,
    Ace did email me back with an update about beaches since he just got back. I was'nt asking how they repair beach after storm, but did they start repairing beaches. Ace, let me know Casa Del Mar is still very bad with alot of exposed rocks and very small beach! They did put the palapas back up,though. Aruba Beach Club's beach is a little better and they hung there. He sail the Bugaloes on depalm pier was closed still, due to damage. Thanks again for all the help you guys give here. We cant wait to arrive next week.!
    Sean ans Susan

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    He sail the Bugaloes on depalm pier was closed still, due to damage.
    I got back less than a week ago and Bugaloes was open when I was there. Pretty much business as usual, serving food, live music, etc. The last 25 feet or so of the pier are blocked off though as the damage has not been fixed yet.

Weather

Hey I have a few photos of my recent vacation in Aruba which will put a positive spin on how much better the weather is getting and the huts around Aruba Beach Club.

Lets see if this works!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-img_1076.jpg   Weather-img_1077.jpg   Weather-img_1074.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Hey I have a few photos of my recent vacation in Aruba which will put a positive spin on how much better the weather is getting and the huts around Aruba Beach Club.

Lets see if this works!
    Thank you for posting something so positive!

Aruba since 1979
    maybe one of our forum member's that live on island can give us a daily update?

Thanks Ace,
    As I have said here, you ask a question and you get so much help from this forum. Your email and posts have us even more excited for our trip next week! We will put a trip report online when we get back.
    Thanks to All!
    Sean and Susan

Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast