Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

in my bathroom i have a huge sky-light window above my tub......moon was right in it! i filled the tub...grabbed a glass of wine and watched.....it was amazing!!! we had the clearest night, the color was amazing and all the stars were so bright!!! still would have been better in aruba though...lol

Arrow Christmas Paradise

I know some have been very anxious about the weather.
    The wind is back out of the northeast.
    I know there was an early morning shower today,
    but if you waited until just after breakfast this is what the day turned out to be like

Hello everyone!

How is the weather?

We are planning to go back to Aruba in 4 weeks, I see predictions of strong thunderstorms again, just like when we went in September.

We will wait a little bit more last minute with making the bookings because of the weather, because last time the predictions were correct even when they usually are not.

I would love to hear from someone on the isand how the weather is overall, if the predictions of rain for 3 more days is correct so I know which weather channel to go by.

I know everyone still has a wonderful time even when it rains every now and then, personally two vacations with rain I do not look forward to that, even if we would enjoy ourselves.

Looking forward to some updates!

Baby beach, lighthouse, the whole stretch of beach
    Brenda,

My advice is to not look at ANY weather reports. We went from December 7-14, and believe me, I was a crazy girl looking at weather.com, weatherunderground.com, basically every forecast in existence. All showed clouds and rain every day, with no sunlight. I told my husband I wanted to cancel Aruba and go to the Cayman Islands, because their forecast was all sun. Anyway, we had the best vacation with our 3 year old and 11 month old. We had 8 days of sun!! Only one day it rained for about an hour, then a few brief showers throughout the day. I made myself nuts for no reason. The weather reports couldn't have been more wrong. I promised myself I would never do that again before vacation. Good luck, and I hope there is only bright sun in your future.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    I would love to hear from someone on the isand how the weather is overall, if the predictions of rain for 3 more days is correct so I know which weather channel to go by.
    First off do not go by the weather channel .
    If everyone listened to their Aruba forecast it would be a tropical rain forest

Try the local weather service
    http://www.meteo.an/index.asp

Recent weather updates

In Aruba now

Andrea and Paul's Trip Report Dec 11 - 25
    Andrea reports daily on weather

Looks like fair weather skies right now http://www.bucuticam.com/stream.html
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 12-23-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunIsland25 View Post
    Brenda,

My advice is to not look at ANY weather reports. We went from December 7-14, and believe me, I was a crazy girl looking at weather.com, weatherunderground.com, basically every forecast in existence. All showed clouds and rain every day, with no sunlight. I told my husband I wanted to cancel Aruba and go to the Cayman Islands, because their forecast was all sun. Anyway, we had the best vacation with our 3 year old and 11 month old. We had 8 days of sun!! Only one day it rained for about an hour, then a few brief showers throughout the day. I made myself nuts for no reason. The weather reports couldn't have been more wrong. I promised myself I would never do that again before vacation. Good luck, and I hope there is only bright sun in your future.
    Hi SunIsland!

We have always went to Aruba without checking the weather, except for last September since the Hurricane's were so strong.
    Then when checking the weather channels all predicted 2 weeks of rain in the extended forecast, and when we went it truly was rain for the major part, when no rain it was so very humid, no wind.
    I always thought they were wrong but they werent'wrong in Sept/Oct, at this time I see the same predictions rain for today and the next 2 days, and wondered if they were accuracte or not.

I am glad you had a wonderful time, luckily the predictions are wrong often, just this time we will take predictions into consideration while we never did.

I will just read the updates here the coming weeks, and if we decide to go in 4 weeks will post our weather experience.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    First off do not go by the weather channel .
    If everyone listened to their Aruba forecast it would be a tropical rain forest

Try the local weather service http://www.meteo.an/index.asp

Recent weather updates
    In Aruba now

Andrea and Paul's Trip Report Dec 11 - 25 Andrea reports daily on weather

Looks like fair weather skies right now http://www.bucuticam.com/stream.html
    Thank you Arubalisa!
    Looking forward to read Andrea and Paul's Trip Report!!!

Aruba since 1979
    8:19 am
    raining lightly in NOORD
    bright sky off in the distance though

Anyone having an update on the weather?
    TIA!!!

Aruba since 1979
    cloudy with breaks of sun coming thru!!!

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast