Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Aruba looks gorgeous today in comparison to
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    I just came in from snow blowing my driveway.There has to be over a foot and that drifts are about three feet to four feet.The wind has to be about 25-30 miles an hour.Its just a lovely night to be outside.Can wait till the morning.Governor declared state of emergency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-netcam.jpg   Weather-00408c859d6d.jpg  

Question Water Conditions for Snorkeling?

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how the snorkeling conditions are? I am concerned that the recent big waves have left the water murky. I am trying to decide to come there on Jan. 8th.

Thanks
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tofare View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how the snorkeling conditions are? I am concerned that the recent big waves have left the water murky. I am trying to decide to come there on Jan. 8th.

Thanks
    Tony
    I am going to say that it may settle down by then, but right now by the looks of Palm Beach (if that is an indicator), visibility will be poor. There are waves on Palm Beach today which is unusual (and Eagle Beach) and it is bringing in the seaweed again. By just look at the cam at Aruba Watersports http://www.setar.aw/index.php?option...442&Itemid=480, you can tell the water is not what it could be. See my attachment below.

Otherwise, the weather looks terrific. Forecast calls for "no significant precipitation" and "windy conditions".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-00408c859d1f.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    nice words "no significant precipitation" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    nice words "no significant precipitation" :-)
    LOL local forecast also stated "the chance of shower is slim" and "moderate to fresh Northeast trades".
    How many times has that been in the forecast in the last 6 months?
    Hasta la vista La Nina?

Thanks Lisa for those webcams, they are very helpful. Well, we decided to come down on the 8th, so with some luck the water will calm down and IT WILL STOP RAINING!

Local Weather site

Here is a local weather site.

http://www.meteo.an/Index2.asp

We're arriving on Sunday for our first trip to Aruba. Rain is predicted all next week... I know I'm not supposed to follow the weather channel, but with all the weird rainy weather, I can't help but think it may be right. Plus, there's apparently a mosquito problem now too? This is our first vacation in almost 2 years, so I'm really anxious over it!

Aruba since 1979
    re: the rain......we were there from the 11 - 25th and there was more rain than what "we considered normal".
    that being said, we got tans, spent lots of time in the pool and a couple of times in the ocean.

the mosquitos are only bothersome at dawn and dusk and if you use repellent, there will not be many issues at all.

Thanks, Andrea! I guess anything will be better than the foot of snow we have here in RI!

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast