Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by evema83 View Post
    I must say that I tend to be an OCD worrier and am already concerned about weather conditions during that time. Can anyone please enlighten me as to what I can expect at the end of September?! 73 DAYS AND COUNTING!
    Please do not worry. Weather.com imho, is the least reliable website on the internet in regards to Aruba weather.

"Rainy season" is the end of October to mid-January. Rain falls during this period mainly in the form of showers, many times at night. We spent a week in Aruba during one September and had one day of clouds and showers during the entire week. Last December in 12 nights we had one day of off and one showers, one day mostly cloudy and showers most mornings. The showers with the exception of what I mentioned above, cleared by 10 a.m. and the rest of the day the skies were blue and mostly clear.

Try instead focusing on the site at http://www.weather.an/ This is the weather service for Aruba and the Netherlands Antillies.

http://www.weather.an/current/index.asp?stationid=TNCC current weather

http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp ABC island forecast (never a long term forecast)

http://www.weather.an/climate/aru.climsum.htm climatology summary

I have translated some of it over to fahrenheit
    September weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 1.40 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 15 mph

http://www.weather.an/reports/documents/Summary2007.pdf Climatology summary for 2007

"RAINFALL
    The total rainfall, recorded at the Queen Beatrix Airport, for the year 2007 was, with 501.6 mm [19.75 inches],
    23% above average (409 mm [16 inches]). The wettest month was December with a total rainfall of 191.4 mm [7.5 inches].
    The 24-hour maximum rainfall of 38.8 mm [1.53 inches], was recorded on December 5.
    The number of days with precipitation greater than or equal to 1.0 mm [.04 inches] was 60 days (normal 62)."

http://www.weather.an/reports/documents/ManualTropicalCyclonesNAA.pdf Tropical Cyclone Management in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba
    http://www.weather.an/reports/docume...icalStorms.pdf Hurricanes and Tropical Storms in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba

Hurricane climatology of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba p. 17
    "The Leeward (ABC) Islands
    Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao are on the southern fringes of the hurricane belt. They are not outside the hurricane belt, as many consider. History learns that roughly once every 100 years considerable damage is experienced by tropical cyclones passing over or just south of the islands. Although the hurricane experience level for the islands may be regarded as very small, well known is the minor hurricane which passed just south of Curaçao on September 23, 1877 causing an estimated structural damage of US$ 2 million, mainly to the coastal section of Willemstad. A nunnery was completely washed away (remnants still visible with low tide), many ships were lost and at least 70 persons drowned. The lowest barometer reading at Willemstad was observed at 15:30 UTC on September 23 (UTC = local time + four hours in Eastern Caribbean Area) with 995.4 millibars. A ship sailing south of Curaçao reported a lowest pressure of 988.8 millibars.

On the average, once every four years a tropical cyclone occurs within a radius of 150 kilometers, but mostly passing to the north of the islands without causing serious bad weather. Even the immediate effects of major hurricane Hazel, of which the center passed approximately 90 kilometers to the north on October 7, 1954, with maximum sustained winds near the center of 190 km/h, were confined to observed maximum winds of 50 km/h with gusts to 90 km/h, and the damage, an estimated US$ 350.000,-, resulted mainly from flash floods due to heavy rainfall (48 hours averages: Aruba approx. 250 mm, Bonaire and Curaçao approx. 125 mm)."

Go and enjoy without any frets over the weather.

Glorious day in 'Ruba today. Lucky are the people who arriving and not departing! http://www.bucuticam.com/bucexp.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-bucexp.jpg  

We leave for Aruba on Wednesday. We are sooo worried about the weather but since you said weather.com is never right, that make me feel much better. I really hope it doesnt rain when we are down there. I dont mind morning showers but I NEED MY SUN!! =)

Great forecast

Beautiful skies today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-bucexp.jpg  

Lets hope its beautiful in the skies on the 30th (Weds!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Audisnawb View Post
    Lets hope its beautiful in the skies on the 30th (Weds!!!)
    Local Aruba Meteorological Service forecast for Wednesday:

Islolated Showers
    High 90 degrees F.
    Low 79 degrees F.
    Sunset 6:47 p.m.

Isolated showers are less than scattered showers. Rain falls mainly in the form of showers (say 10 - 20 minutes as the cloud passes overhead), many times at night.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Local Aruba Meteorological Service forecast for Wednesday:

Islolated Showers
    High 90 degrees F.
    Low 79 degrees F.
    Sunset 6:47 p.m.

Isolated showers are less than scattered showers. Rain falls mainly in the form of showers (say 10 - 20 minutes as the cloud passes overhead), many times at night.
    I was curious how isolated compared to scattered, thank you! I am hoping for ISOLATED all week if anything then We will definitley make the best of it regardless, but it would be great to have no/very very little rain

October is rainy season? What are the daily temperatures? Any different from, say, July?
    Paula

August 20 - we'll be b-a-a-a-c-k at the Ocean Club!

July weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average rainfall 1.20 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 19 mph

October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

I just wrote about the rainy season in my blog.

"Q. Does Aruba have a rainy season?
    A. Predicting rainfall in the Dutch Caribbean, 17 December 2001
    "Climatology
    The leeward islands of the Dutch Antilles (Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire) have a semi-arid climate (yearly precipitation is about 550 mm [22.7 in.] per year). This is due to an extension of the Azores high and locally it is also connected with an upwelling zone with colder sea surface temperature (SST) along the east-west Venezuelan coast caused by the easterly trade winds (Lahey, 1958; Trewartha, 1981). The influence of the mainland 60 km away is large: during the rain season most precipitation is late at night and in the early morning, opposite to the usual tropical pattern, which exists on the mainland. This is caused by the sea-continent breeze...Traditionally, the year is divided in three 4 - month seasons.
    Oct - Jan is the rain season,
    Feb - May the dry season and
    Jun - Sep bring the small rains. .."
    "

Go and enjoy!

As I look out my window and see that it's raining for the 30th consecutive day that I've attempted to take a day off...it's no wonder that I travel to Aruba on vacation. In two weeks in Aruba, I see more beautiful weather than I get in a decade of Rhode Island summers.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast