Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Aruba since 1979
    disgusting isn't it?
    safe travels for your wknd roadtrip
    hope the sky clears and the sun shines 4 all of you.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    As I look out my window and see that it's raining for the 30th consecutive day that I've attempted to take a day off...it's no wonder that I travel to Aruba on vacation. In two weeks in Aruba, I see more beautiful weather than I get in a decade of Rhode Island summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    disgusting isn't it?
    safe travels for your wknd roadtrip
    hope the sky clears and the sun shines 4 all of you.

andrea
    Garden used to be just tomatos....now have plenty of mushrooms too!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Oh to be in Aruba today with skies like these...
    http://www.bucuticam.com/bucexp.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-bucexp.jpg  

Very special is to take the whole family into the Carribean Sea for a swim when it rains REAL hard.....this water is so clear and clean....

Disturbance 94L approaching the Lesser Antilles
    Heavy thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave (94L) near 11N, 57W, about 200 miles east of the Lesser Antilles Islands, have steadily grown more concentrated over the past day. This morning's QuikSCAT pass showed no closed circulation, but did show a pronounced wind shift associated with the disturbance. Top sustained winds were about 30 mph. Visible satellite loops show no evidence of rotation, and the area covered by heavy thunderstorms is relatively modest. The storm has moistened its environment considerably, and dry air should be less and less of a problem for the storm over the next few days. Wind shear has fallen to a modest 10 knots over 94L and is expected to remain in the low range, 5-10 knots, for the next four days. NHC is giving this system a medium (20%-50% chance) of developing into a tropical depression by Monday morning.

The forecast for 94L
    The GFDL model, which with yesterday's run was developing 94L into a powerful hurricane that threatens Jamaica, is no longer developing the storm. The ECMWF, NOGAPS, and Canadian model all develop 94L. They foresee the system will enter the eastern Caribbean Sunday, jog northwest and affect the Dominican Republic on Tuesday, then develop into a tropical depression by Thursday near the Dominican Republic or eastern Bahama Islands. The wind shear forecast for the Caribbean calls for very low values of wind shear below 5 knots for most of the coming week (Figure 2). Residents of the Lesser Antilles can expect heavy rain and 40 mph wind gusts from 94L when it blows through Saturday night through Sunday. Residents of the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Jamaica should keep a careful eye on this potentially dangerous disturbance.

With a week before I leave, I am starting to pay special attention to the weather. Here, NC where I catch my transfer, and Aruba.

I think I am worried about Ike.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I think I am worried about Ike.
    No need to worry about Ike. It is forecast to even enter the Caribbean until possibly Hispaniola and is well north of Aruba. The worst that is going to happen is that Aruba is not going to have much wind and it is going to feel hotter than usual.

Further...storms taking the path of Ike have historically never entered the Caribbean.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-01-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Cool Current Weather

We are going to be in Aruba in 9 days, this is going to be our fourth trip to the wonderful island. I was just wondering there has been alot of bb postings stating all day rain and all week rain. Due to the hurricane season is Aruba getting more rain than normal? I understand it is hotter than normal, hot is ok, rain we hope not. A sprinkle ok too all day all week rain would be a real bummer

Since I am here, I am an expert.

Yesterday we had massive thunderstorms until past noon. Most of the locals said that it hasn't rained like that in a long time and was extremely rare. Even with the rain, we still managed to do shopping, Old Man and the Sea restaurant, swimming, and some site seeing. I would not be too concerned about the weather if I were you. All day rain is rare from what everyone tells me, and it is the only rain we have seen in the past week.

Puff

Quote Originally Posted by kal0721 View Post
    We are going to be in Aruba in 9 days, this is going to be our fourth trip to the wonderful island. I was just wondering there has been alot of bb postings stating all day rain and all week rain. Due to the hurricane season is Aruba getting more rain than normal? I understand it is hotter than normal, hot is ok, rain we hope not. A sprinkle ok too all day all week rain would be a real bummer

Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast