Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Weather

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree with everyone, don't look at accu or the others. they post rain every day. and they are not wrong, it does rain every "night". but you usually only know that by circumstantial evidence. if that were the case, no one would go to aruba. it does rain 9 out of 10 times when you're sleeping. we go in december each year, beginning of it. mostly we know it rained when we were asleep because the chairs on the deck are wet. maybe a passing shower in the day with the sun still shining. and very occasionally after sunset like someone said. meteo gives the best & most accurate weather (I guess cause they can look out the window, lol). if it was a wash out in december, we would not go year after year. I stopped freaking out. i still look at "our" weather reports but stopped panicking a few years ago. their most accurate is like within 5 or 6 days of you going. anything beyond that, like two weeks or more, they are guessing.

Aruba since 1979
    when we were in aruba this past may, we had a brief downpour on renaissance island on may 11 and a brief downpour at the airport on may 23.as far as rain 9 out of every 10 nights, i could not be sure of that. we left our bathing suits and other stuff on the patio each night and everything dried nicely. it did not rain at night 9 out of 10 times where i was.

the link provided is probably the most accurate.
    when they put in partly cloudy with a chance of showers, they cover all bases

my sometimes concern about weather there is the lack of wind.
    if that wind stops blowing, it can be mighty uncomfortable in the sun.

how breezy was it in october at your daughter's wedding gaby?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I agree with everyone, don't look at accu or the others. they post rain every day. and they are not wrong, it does rain every "night". but you usually only know that by circumstantial evidence. if that were the case, no one would go to aruba. it does rain 9 out of 10 times when you're sleeping. we go in december each year, beginning of it. mostly we know it rained when we were asleep because the chairs on the deck are wet. maybe a passing shower in the day with the sun still shining. and very occasionally after sunset like someone said. meteo gives the best & most accurate weather (I guess cause they can look out the window, lol). if it was a wash out in december, we would not go year after year. I stopped freaking out. i still look at "our" weather reports but stopped panicking a few years ago. their most accurate is like within 5 or 6 days of you going. anything beyond that, like two weeks or more, they are guessing.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    with the exception of the wedding night, it was a beautiful breeze. of course hot but with the breeze, the weather was perfect. the night of the wedding, there was some activity in the gulf or somewhere and it sucked the wind out of aruba for that night only (figures, lol). so that night it was so hot, we stayed in the pool during the wedding. but every night prior and after was perfect. not ridiculous wind, just a beautiful wind to make things comfortable. and no rain at all, day or night. we only see that in december but again, we assume when we are sleeping because of the outdoor furniture. and if it does rain, its nothing to get panicked over.

Throughout rainy season (mid-October to mid-January) it often rains at night or early morning.
    During your recent visit I am pretty sure it only rained the times you mentioned Andrea.

Some rainy weather ahead? http://www.meteo.aw/dis.php

Hopefully the Sewage plant will be able to keep its stink to itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-capturee.jpg  

Last night 8 hours of heavy rain...lightning and thunder, my gardens flooded with about 1--2" of water....... then today...beautiful

Great weather folks!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-29-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    from www.meteo.aw

quite a difference from "caribbean weather center"

aruba does seem to be in a drought-like situation

rain is greatly needed!
    ideally it'd be great if aruba got a half inch of rain from 2 am to 5 am daily

Tonight
    Partly cloudy. Isolated showers possible after midnight. Low 26. Wind east around 13 kts, gusting to 23 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Friday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. Isolated showers possible. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 14 kts, gusting to 24 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Friday night
    Partly cloudy. Isolated showers possible after midnight. Low 27. Wind east around 12 kts, gusting to 22 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Saturday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. Isolated showers possible. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 18 kts, gusting to 28 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Saturday night
    Partly cloudy. Isolated showers possible after midnight. Low 27. Wind east around 16 kts, gusting to 26 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Sunday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. Isolated showers possible. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 20 kts, gusting to 30 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Sunday night
    Partly cloudy. Isolated showers possible after midnight. Low 27. Wind east around 18 kts, gusting to 28 kts. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation around 2 mm.
    Monday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. A slight chance of rain. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 20 kts, gusting to 32 kts. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation less than 2 mm.
    Monday night
    Partly cloudy. A slight chance of rain after midnight. Low 27. Wind east around 18 kts, gusting to 30 kts. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation less than 2 mm.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php#

some much needed rain is falling on aruba (lacabana and amsterdamn manor webcam) !
    but it looks to be just a passing shower.
    some is better than none though!!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php

still, the dryness continues.
    good for the tourists...not so good for those that live there.

the winds have calmed a bit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast