Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By pratoman

Thread: Weather in December?

Weather in December?

For the last 14 years, and 25 of the last 38 years, I've spent two weeks in Aruba, always in the end July-Early August period. This year we are going to Alaska in July, so I'm thinking Aruba the second week in December. But I've read that its the rainy season, and even if it doesnt rain, might see more clouds.
    Can anyone tell me what "rainy season" in Aruba means? Whats the weather generally speaking in early to mid Cecember?
    Is mid November any better? or Early January?

Aruba since 1979
    generally december is the rainiest month.
    however, the showers are usually brief and followed by great sun and the much needed occasional clouds to bring some relief

rarely are their washout days

December weather
    Average high temperature 87 F.
    Average low temperature 76 F.
    Average temperature 80 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average windspeed 15 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 31 mph
    Average rainfall 3.3 inches (20.3 inches annual)

Quote Originally Posted by pratoman View Post
    For the last 14 years, and 25 of the last 38 years, I've spent two weeks in Aruba, always in the end July-Early August period. This year we are going to Alaska in July, so I'm thinking Aruba the second week in December. But I've read that its the rainy season, and even if it doesnt rain, might see more clouds.
    Can anyone tell me what "rainy season" in Aruba means? Whats the weather generally speaking in early to mid Cecember?
    Is mid November any better? or Early January?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we have been going to aruba for the last six years from thanksgiving until the second week of december (around 13th-15th). The weather is gorgeous. If it rains, its usually when you're sleeping as evidence by the rain on the outside chairs. sometimes it rains in the early evening but not for long. clouds in the day, not so much, lol. sometimes it will pour in the afternoon but no one gets off the beach, just goes under a palapa, some people just stay in the water. this year, we are going the same time. Maybe, maybe in the 18 days we are there we might have one day not so great all day but still beach salvageable for some part of the day. the only time it was bad was our very first year, the first two days poured unbelievably and everyone said that was a fluke but the rest of the time was gorgeous. knock on wood, we haven't had that since. I wouldn't worry and whatever you do, do NOT look at Accuweather or Weather.com before you go. they have NEVER EVER gotten it right for that time of year. they say rain every single day and it never is.

It's fan-freakin'-tastic in December and the rain is usually early in the morning or a brief spurt during the day (literally minutes or seconds) and then the sun comes out and dries it all up within minutes.

Thanks guys, this is what i wanted to hear.
    I booked the Marriott, got a great rate of $179, (Senior Rate, limited view(who cares i dont spend much time in the room)), and now just have to play the game with Jetblue, that seems to change their points for Aruba flights every hour. I saw 9500 points one way pp, for about an hour two weeks ago, since then its been fluctuating between 19,000 and 13,000, literally all within the same day. Once price by day, another by night. Crazy
    Oh God, I'm hijacking my own thread LOL

Spent Christmas there this past year... Definitely more rain than the summer but it was never socked in for a day. More quick showers... Rain for 15 to 20... Sun for 3 hours... Rain again for 20... Sun