Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: weight loss or gain

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Being that I have a desk job, I do far better on vacation in Aruba. I like to walk the beach and swim. And we always walk to/from dinner. We also only eat 2 meals plus a healthy snack. Last year my doctor was impressed that I was down as much as I was, especially just coming back from vacation. I keep saying my job is going to kill me.

We usually stay the same. I walk the beach and we really only eat a big evening meal. I do drink more beer when we are there. We have a small breakfast and a sandwich or salads for lunch. I was surprised after being there two weeks no weight gain.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    last few cruises my fitbit registered 13000 steps which is high for me.
    aruba, my fitbit resisters usually less than 8000. i do swim and kick lots in aruba maybe 5000 yds a day which goes unregistered.
    love my fitbit while in Aruba, not to mention all the walking in airports

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Actually the redistribution is a problem.... if I once had a 6-pack it would be close to a keg now.....!
    Body by Brights?

My fitbit winds up getting tossed into a bag somewhere till the end of vacation. It's annoying to take it off every time I go in the water. Then I forget to charge it or put it back on.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i have the flex 2 it is waterproof.
    but when i swim it does not register accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    My fitbit winds up getting tossed into a bag somewhere till the end of vacation. It's annoying to take it off every time I go in the water. Then I forget to charge it or put it back on.

Fitbits and step tracking are excellent and fun activity motivators. My first and only fit-bit was tried during our 2016 trip. Didnít last the 1st day as I lost it somewhere at a Hilton cabana. We did spend a solid hour each morning trying to locate it on the beach. The gps just wasnít precise enough to get close, maybe 50m of accuracy

I usually lose a few. I walk everyday, sometimes twice a day. I eat better when on vacation; veges, fresh fruits, less fast food and I drink so much more water because the drinking water is sooooo good.

I've gained a lot of weight over 32 years in the classroom and a few serious medical conditions. I started getting serious about losing it and getting healthy and lost about 12 lbs between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Then went up again till we got here. I've been trying to walk every day, but have missed many of them. I am down about 3 lbs since we arrived, so it is better than nothing. I think it will be easier to get into a routine again now that we are more settled here. For me it is all about portion size, staying away from the booze and only have desserts once in a while. I find that now I can rarely finish an entree and sometimes just order an appetizer as my meal. I may not be losing the weight as quickly as I want, but I am determined to get back to or close to where I was before I had the kids which was about 94 lbs.-I am only 4 ft. 8 in. tall. I hope to have lots of new clothing in much smaller sizes within a year-I can pack more into the suitcase if they are a size 2 rather than a 10.

3 lbs is an excellent start, nice work! A little at a time is better than a lot all at once over the long term. Enjoy the walk in Aruba, I am going to start jogging/walking again while there and hope to continue it when I get back to the states.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I've gained a lot of weight over 32 years in the classroom and a few serious medical conditions. I started getting serious about losing it and getting healthy and lost about 12 lbs between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Then went up again till we got here. I've been trying to walk every day, but have missed many of them. I am down about 3 lbs since we arrived, so it is better than nothing. I think it will be easier to get into a routine again now that we are more settled here. For me it is all about portion size, staying away from the booze and only have desserts once in a while. I find that now I can rarely finish an entree and sometimes just order an appetizer as my meal. I may not be losing the weight as quickly as I want, but I am determined to get back to or close to where I was before I had the kids which was about 94 lbs.-I am only 4 ft. 8 in. tall. I hope to have lots of new clothing in much smaller sizes within a year-I can pack more into the suitcase if they are a size 2 rather than a 10.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast