Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
I've gained a lot of weight over 32 years in the classroom and a few serious medical conditions. I started getting serious about losing it and getting healthy and lost about 12 lbs between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Then went up again till we got here. I've been trying to walk every day, but have missed many of them. I am down about 3 lbs since we arrived, so it is better than nothing. I think it will be easier to get into a routine again now that we are more settled here. For me it is all about portion size, staying away from the booze and only have desserts once in a while. I find that now I can rarely finish an entree and sometimes just order an appetizer as my meal. I may not be losing the weight as quickly as I want, but I am determined to get back to or close to where I was before I had the kids which was about 94 lbs.-I am only 4 ft. 8 in. tall. I hope to have lots of new clothing in much smaller sizes within a year-I can pack more into the suitcase if they are a size 2 rather than a 10.
A few pounds is something and it is not always the pounds to look at. Sounds like you are on the right track.