Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Weird, Funny, Bizarre, @ your resort, hotel or beach

Aruba since 1979

Weird, Funny, Bizarre, @ your resort, hotel or beach

what is the funniest or craziest or most bizarre thing that you have seen while poolside or beachside in aruba?

we have seen some funny/bizarre stuff:

- at caribbean palm village, years ago, we saw an iguana fall out of a tree and land on a guest who was lounging by the pool.
    the poor lady was horrified and really freaked out.

-at aruba beach club, at the pool, we saw an elderly large woman, totally nude in the lounge about 10' from where my husband and i were on our lounges.
    security came by and insisted she cover up. she refused. they insisted. she got up and went into the pool (naked). paul and i were dying laughing as were the many other people poolside. it went on for a while and finally they convinced her to cover up. our eyes have never recovered.

-at lacabana a few years ago, there was an older married couple with a "service dog" in a baby stroller. (i am sure they had fake credentials on the service dog) the service dog was dressed in a different "beach outfit" every day. it wore little bikinis and sun hats and the dogs toenails were painted.
    they left the dog's stroller every day with rudy and carried the dog onto the beach and he stayed on a lounge under a palapa every day. the woman was like a 6 year old playing with a baby doll.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    "Funny" - 2 years ago there was a heavy downpour while at Divi AI, lasted a few hours into the evening. Luckily we had our seats at the covered pizza bar, however, watching all the people run for cover was pretty darn funny. Everyone was at the pizza bar as this was the only under cover place to be dry and get a drink, or two, three etc. It was as if people had never seen rain before and that they would somehow melt Meanwhile this older man we had met kept saying he had to go before he got too drunk but the rain would not stop long enough for him to escape, finally he had to give in we had a great time and lots of laughs watching everyone, it was so jammed packed they were even hiding behind the bar where the bartenders were serving drinks!

On a similar story to Andrea's, the same year we would watch an older couple each afternoon completely change from their bathing suits into their regular clothes while under their huts (Yuck)

Another story also 2 years ago, (must have been a good year or full moon, don't quite remember) our group of friends from NY arrived. We all ate at the buffet for dinner. One of the gentlemen was so tired after a day of flying and after quite a few drinks, fell asleep while we were eating. Meanwhile the Mariachi band (sorry about spelling) started walking around playing their music, he JUMPED out of his seat as if he were under a hypnotic spell and started dancing a jig!!!! Every time I think of this I toally crack up, thought I was going to pee my pants that night!

At the Tam the guy that makes his own aloe solution comes by often. I assume he makes it to most other resorts. Colorful character very nice and never pushy.

The Aloe Man! He's definitely a character.

Aruba since 1979
    yup, he walks the beaches and sells his aloe potion.
    he is an interesting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigday View Post
    At the Tam the guy that makes his own aloe solution comes by often. I assume he makes it to most other resorts. Colorful character very nice and never pushy.

When I was there in April he was walking behind me as I was walking the beach and it was comical. The sounds he makes combined with his outfits are a sight to see/hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yup, he walks the beaches and sells his aloe potion.
    he is an interesting character.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Love the Aloe Man

The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.
    At the Tam in June, there was a gentleman who looked just like Santa and wore a different Santa themed shirt every day. I adore Christmas so Aruba with Santa was quite enjoyable. I never found out if he actually played Santa for anything or if he was just playing up his natural look...either way, I loved it!

Punta Cana 6.08 - Riviera Maya 6.09 - Aruba 6.10 - Cozumel 6.11 - Aruba 4.12 - Bahamas 6.12 - Playa del Secreto 6.13 - Aruba 4.14 - Curacao 6.14 - Punta Cana 6.15 - Aruba 6.16 - Aruba 6.17

At the Riu about 6 years ago, a girl in a thong bikini kept photo bombing wedding pictures. It was absolutely bizarre.

On my first trip to Aruba I had to connect through Curacao, on the flight over the crew did not give us any Immigration Cards, and would you know a great majority of passengers on the flight were all first time visitors, with a few residents sprinkled in. It was not till we got into the Immigration Hall that we were directed to the back of the hall to fill out the cards before proceeding through. I thought that this was going to be a one time thing, on my second visit the same thing happened, except this time we were filling out the cards while standing in line.

At CPV n my second trip the morning after I arrived it rained for about ten minutes, some kids opted to stay in the pool instead of getting out as they were already wet. Their mother comes out yelling, "YOU KIDS GET OUTTA DA WATER!! YOU'RE GONNA GET WET!!" One of them tried to point out that they were already wet, which made the mother yell, "YOU GET OUTTA DAT WATER RIGHT NOW!!" As they got out and went inside, the rain stopped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast