Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Weird, Funny, Bizarre, @ your resort, hotel or beach

How did you explain that neck injury to your boss? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    On our first trip to Aruba we stayed at Manchebo (pre-renovation). There were numerous topless women on the beach that week, to the extent that it was no longer a novelty. DW continued to point them out to me all week even though my head didn't swivel around violently anymore.

After watching some of my videos taken near the end of our last visit I believe the weirdest, funny, and bizarre sight was myself
    lol

Our last trip we had an iguana fall from the sky and land flat on his belly on the pool deck at Tropicana. I was terrified to turn around, assuming it would be a messy scene, but the little dude just walked away!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    his parachute failed to open?

wish i had seen that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Our last trip we had an iguana fall from the sky and land flat on his belly on the pool deck at Tropicana. I was terrified to turn around, assuming it would be a messy scene, but the little dude just walked away!

Weird, Funny, Bizarre, @ your resort, hotel or beach-trop.jpg This is the view from our balcony at the Trop - do you see the hut on the opposite side of the pool? See the tall tree to the left of the lounge chairs? THAT is where little dude fell/jumped/parachuted from! I was sitting on one of those chairs facing Rich who was sitting under the palapa. Now you all know exactly why I was expecting a VERY messy scene!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Actually, I think I was the amusement of the day a few years ago. I was getting off the Tranquilo and lost my footing. The first mate practically tackled me to keep me from falling in the water between the boat and the pier. We were tangled up on the dock. Aside from a swollen knee and some scrapes, I was OK, but caused a bit of a scene. Also, we were on Palm Beach another time and the Aloe Man came by. He thought my husband looked burnt so he actually started to apply aloe to my husband's back and massage it in. He's quite the character!

On my last trip my shoulders and upper back were getting burnt and the aloe man dressed in green came bye and applied Aloe while also massaging. It was really soothing. I wanted to buy his product but I don't take money with me to the beach except a buck to tip the chair guys.

The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I would have asked to have my kids take a picture with him for our Xmas cards!
    I'm really sad I didn't ask to take his pic in front of the ocean or something - would've made an excellent Christmas card!

Punta Cana 6.08 - Riviera Maya 6.09 - Aruba 6.10 - Cozumel 6.11 - Aruba 4.12 - Bahamas 6.12 - Playa del Secreto 6.13 - Aruba 4.14 - Curacao 6.14 - Punta Cana 6.15 - Aruba 6.16 - Aruba 6.17

While at eagle beach enjoying the sun and water this old man stood in front of my view with a "thong" bathing suit on..

Then at the trop. we bumped into some friends we know from Walgreen .... told me his "big discount" I told him "ours"
    he almost spit his drink out...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123