Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mcgovern78
  • 2 Post By mcgovern78

Thread: We'll be there in one week!!! (3/2 - 3/12)

We'll be there in one week!!! (3/2 - 3/12)

We will be back in beautiful in Aruba in one week!! I've had enough of this Wisconsin winter. This will be my 6th trip, my wife's 5th trip, my 8 year old daughter's 3rd trip and my 2 year old son's first trip to Aruba!! We got engaged in Aruba in 2006 and married in Aruba in 2007! We are looking forward to renting "our home away from home", Villa Opal. Our activities always include: The Butterfly Farm. Sailing on The Octopus. A sunset cruise on The Jolly Pirate. A UTV tour with ABC Tours. Climbing Hooiberg. Shopping/nightlife downtown and in the high rise area. Playing/exploring at all the beaches. San Nicholas. Ostrich Farm. Phillip's Animal Garden... What am I missing? Is there anything new that we should try? My wife and daughter are looking to go kayaking. I would love to do some deep sea fishing. So if anyone is looking for an extra person, let me know!! Some of our favorite restaurants are: Madame Janette, Gostoso, Cuba's Cookin', Eduardo's. Any other restaurant recommendations?

Thanks,

Marc

Aruba since 1979
    sounds like fun!

with respect is a sunset sail on the JP or Octopus be appropriate for a 2 year old?

you have got a FULL vacation planned.

enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgovern78 View Post
    We will be back in beautiful in Aruba in one week!! I've had enough of this Wisconsin winter. This will be my 6th trip, my wife's 5th trip, my 8 year old daughter's 3rd trip and my 2 year old son's first trip to Aruba!! We got engaged in Aruba in 2006 and married in Aruba in 2007! We are looking forward to renting "our home away from home", Villa Opal. Our activities always include: The Butterfly Farm. Sailing on The Octopus. A sunset cruise on The Jolly Pirate. A UTV tour with ABC Tours. Climbing Hooiberg. Shopping/nightlife downtown and in the high rise area. Playing/exploring at all the beaches. San Nicholas. Ostrich Farm. Phillip's Animal Garden... What am I missing? Is there anything new that we should try? My wife and daughter are looking to go kayaking. I would love to do some deep sea fishing. So if anyone is looking for an extra person, let me know!! Some of our favorite restaurants are: Madame Janette, Gostoso, Cuba's Cookin', Eduardo's. Any other restaurant recommendations?

Thanks,

Marc

Add Legends to your list. A nice place in the Palm Beach area owned by two fine folks, Scott and Leslie, both from Wisconsin. Great drinks and food and every Friday live music. If you are looking for a little adult time, there are a couple of highly trusted and respected babysitters used by folks here on the forum. Use the search feature for posts that mention them.

Cruises

We did think about that, but the JP cruise in only two hours. He has been on a boat plenty of times. So we'll cross our fingers! The Octopus cruise will just be my wife and I. I failed to mention that my mom and step dad are coming, too. They are willing to babysit on occasion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sounds like fun!

with respect is a sunset sail on the JP or Octopus be appropriate for a 2 year old?

you have got a FULL vacation planned.

enjoy!

Babysitting/Legends

We will check out Legends for sure! I forgot to mention that my mom and step dad are coming, too. So we have babysitters when needed!

Awesome to have those babysitters! Enjoy your trip!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by mcgovern78 View Post
    Some of our favorite restaurants are: Madame Janette, Gostoso, Cuba's Cookin', Eduardo's. Any other restaurant recommendations?
    This thread contains members top ten restaurants:

Ten Best Restaurants in Aruba