Have not been since 2009, what would you say is the biggest change to Aruba. Will be arriving on Sept 11 for 10 wonderful days, looking for something totaly different to do...any suggestions.
I would say the outdoor mall and all the places to eat by the high rises.Alot of the building going on has been finished across from the high rise hotels,Senior Frogs,Hard rock cafe,Busters sports bar,and alot of places to eat.
I agree with the other posters above and have a few changes to add specifically:
- opening of Palm Beach Plaza (behind Paseo Harencia)
- the move of Senor Frog's to the high rise district from downtown
- opening of 2 new Casa Tua restaurants - one in Palm Beach and one at Renaissance Plaza . . . the original is still our fave
- the "downing" of the straw roof at Moomba Beach bar
- the new round-about just north of the Marriott . . . and the start of construction of the Rtiz Carlton
- the opening of the Kong Fui grocery store in Noord (just down from Wacky Wahoo) . . . imo still does not come close to Ling's
- closing of the waterpark between the low-rise and high-rise areas . . . which is unfortunate
. . . feel free to add to my list . . .
the original roof collapsed and a new one was put up.
i think there was an injury (ies) when the original collapsed.
check out this link Moomba's roof collapses
thanks for the updates have to try the Casa Tua this time.
I was there after the roof at Moomba had blown off, and they constructed a metal/tent like cover, but a server there in March 2010 said a new palapa-style hut was going to be installed the week after we were there. Has it not been replaced? There was something just so wrong about a metal scaffolding/tent like cover at Moomba.