Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aruba since 1979
    few words re: water park
    bad economy
    overpriced
    no customers since the caribbean was a "good enough" water park.
    but the main reasons was bad economy and obscenely overpriced.
    (the water park was located near suisse chalet restaurant adjacent to eagle beach in the lo rise area)

and re: the neighborhoods in san nic heading to baby beach....i think that you may be referring to the old refinery neighborhood

this particular neighborhood became deserted in the late 70s (i think) and there is much interest in bringing it back to life.

if i ever had the $$ that is an area i would love to build a cunucu house and enjoy living life there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    what happened to the water park near palm beach???

it looks like it was brand new, but its closed.

while driving to baby Beach, we seen several subdivisions, where 2 houses are built, others are blocks being built, but stopped, and weeds have taken them over.

while driving to baby Beach, we seen several subdivisions, where 2 houses are built, others are blocks being built, but stopped, and weeds have taken them over.
    Could be that the unfinished houses are ones that locals never finished in time.
    Some are able to get FREE land to build their house. But have to finish it in a certain time frame. So they take the land, start to build, but either run out of money, other problems, or lose interest.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

what happened to the water park near palm beach???

it looks like it was brand new, but its closed.

We heard rumors of suspicious fires at the water park around New Year's Eve...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    Could be that the unfinished houses are ones that locals never finished in time.
    Some are able to get FREE land to build their house. But have to finish it in a certain time frame. So they take the land, start to build, but either run out of money, other problems, or lose interest.
    Even if you were to buy land in Aruba with the intentions of building a home, the home has to be built within a certain number of years. I'm not sure what the penalty is if you don't finish it (or even start it) since you purchased the land. I know a few U.S. landowners who are trying to sell their lot/land right now because they didn't anticipate the cost (and the bad economy) in building a second home.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

It looms like a huge condo building, but it's completely empty, and it looks new.
    Yes condos. Bankrupt and waiting for the courts to decide on it's fate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12