Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: What device(s) do you bring?

We take two iphones, two kindles, ipad, ipod, wireless earbuds, regular earbuds, old laptop, and roku for the television. Yikes!

We bring 2 Samsung phones, an iPod, a speaker, 2 sets of headphones (for the plane primarily), sometimes a tablet, a waterproof Nikon camera, and an old smartphone that can only be used on Wi-Fi.
    The old phone is great because we can leave our good active phones in the safe. If by some chance I lise or break my old phone on the beach or while driving around, it's not really a loss. I use the old phone for Google maps offline and I have a bunch of music on it that we play in the rental. It also works well as a small camera too.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    YES...oh boy i remember.
    AND...remember the "phone shop..calls to usa" at the alhambra?
    I miss those phones with the cards Divi had them on site, I am so behind the times I was asking about them a couple years ago...the looks I got.....it really wasn't that long ago!

Forgot to mention my fitbit, I'm sure a lot of us can add that to our lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    an old smartphone that can only be used on Wi-Fi.
    The old phone is great because we can leave our good active phones in the safe. If by some chance I lise or break my old phone on the beach or while driving around, it's not really a loss. I use the old phone for Google maps offline and I have a bunch of music on it that we play in the rental. It also works well as a small camera too.
    So smart!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When we came for a week or two, we'd bring our iphones, and Stu would bring his work computer and I would bring my ipad and kindle. Now that we are here for 3 an extended time, I also bring my mac book, my back up drive and my dvd drive.We also have a printer here and a router.

Just iPhones, used primarily for occasional iMessaging while on the island between room and beach. We both bring Samsung tablets used primarily as readers, but could live without them.

Other than that, we leave the rest home and disconnect as much as humanly possible. I'd rather see and hear the ocean, breezes and conversation than use devices or earphones or the internet in general when on vacation.

Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I bring my laptop mostly to book my next trip on while in Aruba on Cyber Monday. I am hoping to buy a IPad for the first time later this year for my next trip. My husband brings his E-reader which was the best present I ever bought him as he is a huge reader (same authors you mentioned Andrea, Patterson, Stuart) and many more. I use my phone to take pictures as well as our digital camera. I too have a huge bag full of plugs, chargers :-) Not sure if hair appliances count but I also bring a couple of curling irons.
    you and Andrea read the same books as hubby. I just bought an IPad which i will bring this trip. You will love it. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Tell us of your devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops) that you bring while in Aruba?

I am not asking if you "disconnect" while in Aruba. Many are not able to disconnect, or willing to disconnect.

So if you are "connected" in aruba.......how do you connect?

My husband brings his Iphone 7+ and his iPad.
    He has to read his BBC, Boston Globe, Wall St Journal and other news that he subscribes to. In Aruba, he has his ritual of absorbing the news like he is a sponge. On the beach he listens to Stuart Woods and James Patterson audiobooks.

I bring the Iphone6s+ and my iPad Mini and my Macbook pro.
    I listen to the same books as Paul, using my iPad and enjoy late evenings watching netflix on my laptop.

The carry on bag with electronics and their cords, powerstrips is interesting to say the least.
    we bring 2 kindles, iPad and a tablet. Al likes the same authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I bring my iPhone just to use the camera and we bring Tomís Ipad. Have thought about bringing my kindle but didnít think I would use it.
    Peg, I bet you would use your kindle. We love to sit on beach and read.
    Oops, forgot about the headphones for the plane!
    Peg, I bet you would use your kindle. We love to sit on the beach and read.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We've had this one for over eight years and HIGHLY recommend it:

https://www.amazon.com/SoundLink-Blu...bose+soundlink

Incredible sound, portable, great range and great battery life. It also has an aux jack if you want to plug your device directly in and not use bluetooth.
    Okay act1966. Help this old woman out. I really like computers you but all the other electronics are real foreign. I do not even have a smartphone. How do you use Bluetooth speakers? Do you download from phone? Or can you download from something like Amazon. I really love music and we have had for many years a nice surround sound system. Music has always been a big part of my life. So please enlighten me a little. By the way is 1966 your birth year. My son is 1966 as well. Makes me pretty darn old!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast