Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: What device(s) do you bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We bring 2 Samsung phones, an iPod, a speaker, 2 sets of headphones (for the plane primarily), sometimes a tablet, a waterproof Nikon camera, and an old smartphone that can only be used on Wi-Fi.
    The old phone is great because we can leave our good active phones in the safe. If by some chance I lise or break my old phone on the beach or while driving around, it's not really a loss. I use the old phone for Google maps offline and I have a bunch of music on it that we play in the rental. It also works well as a small camera too.
    I am trying to get advice from all you young people. I do not even have a smartphone. I plan to use Skype, email and FB. Does that sound like a plan or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    I am trying to get advice from all you young people. I do not even have a smartphone. I plan to use Skype, email and FB. Does that sound like a plan or not?
    Sue, if you are contacting people who have facebook, you can use the messenger on there for both phone and video calling and you don't even need skpe. Do you bring a laptop for your email?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Tell us of your devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops) that you bring while in Aruba?

I am not asking if you "disconnect" while in Aruba. Many are not able to disconnect, or willing to disconnect.

So if you are "connected" in aruba.......how do you connect?

My husband brings his Iphone 7+ and his iPad.
    He has to read his BBC, Boston Globe, Wall St Journal and other news that he subscribes to. In Aruba, he has his ritual of absorbing the news like he is a sponge. On the beach he listens to Stuart Woods and James Patterson audiobooks.

I bring the Iphone6s+ and my iPad Mini and my Macbook pro.
    I listen to the same books as Paul, using my iPad and enjoy late evenings watching netflix on my laptop.

The carry on bag with electronics and their cords, powerstrips is interesting to say the least.
    your ideas for or thread are always so helpfu and very knowledge. You never run out of topics. You are a smart woman Andrea.

Aruba since 1979
    Hahaha no I am not, but thanks for saying I am.
    The subject came up because Paul and I have a friend who currently is in the air on her way home from working at the Paralympics in S Korea.
    She mentioned to Paul of all the stuff she brings.... electronics and photography equip.
    He said that she brings her "world". "Who in their right minds bring all of that stuff?"
    Yup, many of us do, Paul included.
    I pointed out to him of all the stuff that we bring........Incuding his numerous magazines...

Okay act1966. Help this old woman out. I really like computers you but all the other electronics are real foreign. I do not even have a smartphone. How do you use Bluetooth speakers? Do you download from phone? Or can you download from something like Amazon. I really love music and we have had for many years a nice surround sound system. Music has always been a big part of my life. So please enlighten me a little. By the way is 1966 your birth year. My son is 1966 as well. Makes me pretty darn old!
    1966 is my birth year, Sue, and you were obviously a child bride judging from your photo.

Bluetooth is just what connects two devices: think of it like an invisible wire. You would have music on one device (like a smartphone, a tablet etc,) and Bluetooth allows you to "beam" the music to another device - in this case, the speaker (the speaker has to be Bluetooth enabled ... Meaning it can receive Bluetooth "beams").

To get music on your Bluetooth device, you would have to buy it from something like Apple iTunes or "subscribe" to a music service like Apple Music or Spotify which are like libraries you can search for music and play from them... You then just "beam" the music to your speaker.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does. Would I be able to connect this to my i pad. It sounds like it but not sure. Thank you very much for the nice compliment.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 03-24-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Yes it does. Would I be able to connect this to my eye pad. It sounds like it but not sure. Thank you very much for the nice compliment.
    Your iPad can do this. You would use iTunes to buy the music you want and then the iPad would "pair" (pairing establishes the invisible wire between the iPad and speaker) with the speaker through Bluetooth and play the music. You can also do this with a music subscription service like Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora etc if you don't want to buy the music - with these services, you're essentially "renting" the music by paying a subscription fee.

Yes it does. Would I be able to connect this to my eye pad. It sounds like it but not sure. Thank you very much for the nice compliment.
    Here is a video that can help you understand how to connect your iPad to a blue tooth speaker.
    https://youtu.be/SEH3m0UD_tQ

Aruba since 1979
    sue later today i can call you using the FACEBOOK messenger audio call over wifi!

ps
    add fitbit to the stuff we bring!

I would add that you should check with the music streaming services that you subscribe to. Some aren’t available in Aruba or have limited access.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast