Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What to do in Aruba for cheap?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Like the title says, I want to find out if Aruba is friendly to the cheap folks. haha. I got free plane tickets here but I am not rich and am wondering if it is still fun for the tight wads.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum.
    cheap folks is not a good phrase..........hahaha how about frugal folks?

absolutely.

the most stunning beaches,perfect weather,lovely people.....free of charge.....you do not need anything else for fun...:-)...be open minded and relaxed ....Aruba is paradise for everyone....
    Aruba-Love from the very first smile

Aruba since 1979
    [B]http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/cheap...rink-41183//B]

click link for talk of cheap dining.

those that know me know i am the queen of cheap.
    i really HATE spending money.
    my dad's favorite saying about me was
    "she still has her 1st holy communion money stashed"

Restaurants Inexpensive
    www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants%20inexpensive.html

Imo, you could get a lot of bang for your buck spending the day at Arikok National Park and hiking and taking in the scenery. Entrance fee is nominal.

Where are you staying and will you have a kitchen or refrigerator?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    [B]

Where are you staying and will you have a kitchen or refrigerator?[/COLOR]

We haven't decided anything yet really. I found an old thread on the forum about cheap food. What about places to stay? My friends and I don't really need real nice, I'm think we're gonna be spending most of our time chilling on the beach.

Oh, another thing. I can only speak English, guess I'll be learning some Papiamento phrases.

Imo look for a timeshare rental. You will have a kitchen to prepare your own food and thus save money. There are a wide variety of resorts in every price range so you could work within a budget.

Grocery Questions
    This will hopefully answer some of your preliminary questions on grocery store pricing and availability of items.

English is WIDELY spoken and the US Dollar is accepted everywhere. No need to worry about either one. If you did wish to give Papiamento a shot, here are some common phrases and greetings

http://www.aruba.com/explorearuba/culture/language.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    We haven't decided anything yet really. I found an old thread on the forum about cheap food. What about places to stay? My friends and I don't really need real nice, I'm think we're gonna be spending most of our time chilling on the beach.

Oh, another thing. I can only speak English, guess I'll be learning some Papiamento phrases.
    Check out MVC Eagle Beach - it's a very basic motel just across from Eagle Beach. We've stayed there several times, and depending on when you travel, you may qualify for 25% off their low season rates. Rooms have a small fridge in them, so we always would get drinks, lunch meat, rolls, etc. at the grocery store and have lunch in our room or take it to the beach. Check out their website, but note that you have to book the breakfast at $8.50pp per day along with the room. It's a European style breakfast buffet, but always provided us with plenty of food! http://www.mvceaglebeach.com/english/rates.html Good luck!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post

Go to the Aruba beach club web site and click on rentals by owner. You can get a week for between $550 and $1100 depending on when you go and what size unit you rent. www.arubabeachclub.net These are timeshare condos and have kitchens and are fully furnished including dinnerware and cooking utensils. We have stayed there 3 times and will be there again in September. Its right on the beach and was redecorated 2 years ago. The beach dont get more frugal than that. Snorkeling can be free as well. There are at least 3 places to just walk into the ocean and snorkel. No boat needed. I highly recomend renting a car for your stay.

Another thing, most Arubans can speak english at least a little as well as spanish, dutch and papiamento.

Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    the most stunning beaches,perfect weather,lovely people.....free of charge.....you do not need anything else for fun...:-)...be open minded and relaxed ....Aruba is paradise for everyone....

What she said!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast