Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All beaches in Aruba are free and public. Pack your own beach towels if your lodging does not provide them for free and most timeshare have free air compressors to pump up a air mattress/floaty so bring one of those too. Towel, air mattress and 3 paperbacks from the Dollar Store. That's frugal and a week of fun IMHO.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Aruba since 1979
    absolutely!
    wouldn't it be cool to just be a beach bum?

going to do a little internet searching and see if there are hostels on aruba.

a great little "small business idea" might be going into the hostel business.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    All beaches in Aruba are free and public. Pack your own beach towels if your lodging does not provide them for free and most timeshare have free air compressors to pump up a air mattress/floaty so bring one of those too. Towel, air mattress and 3 paperbacks from the Dollar Store. That's frugal and a week of fun IMHO.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Look into the bus system! It's super cheap and will take you to a lot of different places. We have yet to rent a car!

Buffam's Tropical Haven, Eagle Beach, Tulip, Salt & Pepper

Try a B&B

We were lucky enough to find an inexspensive place to stay by looking up B&Bs on TripAdvisor. We found Buffam's Tropical Haven, which was very, very reasonable and had your own kitchenette, pool available, and the owners served you breakfast every morning included in the price.

NOT TO BE CUTE AND NOT TO BE FUNNY BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND IN MY VACATIONING EXPERIENCES.

Try to have a "CHEAP" vacation, and you will

KNOW YOUR BUDGET going into a vacation, and you will look for great experiences that aren't as costly as others.

It can be a sad thing to have traveled great distances to do what you do at home - count pennies.

MONETARY CAUTION HAS ITS PLACE. OVERDOING IT IN THE WRONG ARENA CAN WORK AGAINST YOU.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean-tattler View Post
    It can be a sad thing to have traveled great distances to do what you do at home - count pennies.
    That is why my dh says "we'll just stay home" if we cannot spend money as we wish while on vacation in Aruba. We stayed home last summer. His loss, our loss, Aruba's economy loss?

If he never tries something different, he will never know what it is like. Sometimes change, like staying at a smaller, lesser known, less expensive accommodation is good.

Cheap day trips
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-07-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Aruba since 1979
    i am smiling
    i am about to comment on sirmarksalot username here on the forum.

there is a tv show and the cat on it's nick name is "sircrapsalot"
    so that is why i am laughing.

ok, now back to the topic.
    what the heck is the topic?

see......my sciatic pain is causing me to lose what little mind i have left.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    (Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Like the title says, I want to find out if Aruba is friendly to the cheap folks. haha. I got free plane tickets here but I am not rich and am wondering if it is still fun for the tight wads.

Aruba since 1979
    one has to do what one has to do to make aruba vacations work.

since we are now retired and our monthly income is 1/3 of our working income we have learned to make do and enjoy.

we have had great vacation experiences on a shoestring and have not felt as we have suffered in the least going to aruba.

we have eaten dinner IN our timeshare units.
    we have brought our own booze and made our own drinks.
    we have given up horseback riding and have swapped it out for driving around the countryside instead.

i want all to be able to enjoy aruba, no matter their budget and not feel as if they missed out on something wonderful.

and charles i respect your opinion and that is what i like on this forum is that we are respectful and kind towards one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean-tattler View Post
    NOT TO BE CUTE AND NOT TO BE FUNNY BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND IN MY VACATIONING EXPERIENCES.

Try to have a "CHEAP" vacation, and you will

KNOW YOUR BUDGET going into a vacation, and you will look for great experiences that aren't as costly as others.

MONETARY CAUTION HAS ITS PLACE. OVERDOING IT IN THE WRONG ARENA CAN WORK AGAINST YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have had great vacation experiences on a shoestring and have not felt as we have suffered in the least going to aruba.
    Imo, it is all about attitude!

i want all to be able to enjoy aruba, no matter their budget and not feel as if they missed out on something wonderful.
    I am going to start vacationing with Andrea and dh and leave mine home

and charles i respect your opinion and that is what i like on this forum is that we are respectful and kind towards one another.
    I as well

Aruba since 1979
    lisa, i have a better idea.
    let's leave paul with your dh and they can sit at home and find ways to become rich.

you and i can go to aruba, sit on the beach and dumpster dive if we have to.
    i hear iguana is good eating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast