Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: what do you not like about the aruba FB groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I have taken a much needed hiatus from FB for the nastiness reason on many different levels. Started with the election stuff. I miss seeing people's kids' pics and few other things, but I do NOT miss the nasty comments and underhanded BS on many of the pages - Aruba themed ones included!
    That's is one feature I do like on FB, you can hide groups and people that you don't want to see all the time. There is at least one group where the moderator/admins are a little power hungry and come off as condescending or rude, even using all caps a little too often. I didn't want to leave the group, but I did hide it from my feed. I've also used the block feature for people who's comments annoy me so I don't have to see anything they write.

I was blocking & hiding so many it just seemed insane to continue to go to the app to just be frustrated! So I repeat "Calm blue ocean" to myself and come here instead
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

What's Facebook?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Never been on Facebook. This is my preferred forum!!
    Same here....sometimes I go onto a facebook site to see pictures but have never and will never sign up so it is annoying when I keep getting the pop up message in the middle of the box. Love this forum no need to go anywhere else imo

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    I've never been on facebook . I do know from people I work with that there seems to be a ton of drama on it. Life is too short to waste precious time getting upset about something someone said on a computer.....always remember the only people that can hurt you are people you truly love and care about. Just something I live by. Diane

I wish there was a way to exclude threads on this forum. Some topics just aren't of interest and clutter the feed. It's not a huge technical leap to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I wish there was a way to exclude threads on this forum. Some topics just aren't of interest and clutter the feed. It's not a huge technical leap to implement.
    Will the "ignore feature" work for that?

Aruba since 1979
    the ignore feature only works to ignore particular forum member's postings.

for example: if act1966 is not interested in john doe's writings........act1966 can hit ignore and ignore and never see john doe's writings.

The one complaint that I have about the FB Groups is that often times in the comments someone will post about getting loans and other stuff which has nothing to do with Aruba or the post being commented on.

There are some positives though. I bought my units on a FB Aruba page and have rented many units on those pages over the years.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast