Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: what do you not like about the aruba FB groups?

Aruba since 1979
    controlling SPAM on FB is more difficult than it is here.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    The one complaint that I have about the FB Groups is that often times in the comments someone will post about getting loans and other stuff which has nothing to do with Aruba or the post being commented on.

My personal dislike, if I may.... the constant derailing of discussions which have completely and utterly NOTHING to do with the subject that was being talked about. Always lovely to know that someone had a wonderful time at this eatery or that, but if it's in the middle of a discussion about accommodations, it's NOT RELEVANT.

PRIME EXAMPLE - The thread going on right now about the robbery by the Superfood store.... it's gone from a discussion about the actual robbery and suddenly it's become a debate/discussion about "walkovers" and traffic in downtown Oranjestad .

I guess that's way too much for the short attention spans of some people.

Damn, I'm getting cranky... thank goodness it's only 60 morefreakin'daysuntilthebeach....
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 03-24-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

This forum seems more of like a familiar, closer knit community. FB is very impersonal. And, I don't know why, but some people on FB seem to be know-it-alls and don't like it when someone disagrees with their opinion. Here, I can say I'm not a fan of a certain restaurant or shop, and everyone seems to respect that.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the ignore feature only works to ignore particular forum member's postings.

for example: if act1966 is not interested in john doe's writings........act1966 can hit ignore and ignore and never see john doe's writings.
    Yes. I would like to see a way to just block entire threads/topics.

With this forum, I am more of a lurker but so appreciate the kindness all of you seem to extend to each other. I have not seen any other forums quite like this. I notice some people on the FB groups tend to be very opinionated and not respectful of others. Fortunately when really heated, the moderators seem to step up. FB is the only social media site I subscribe to so it is nice to see some feeds pop up about my favorite island. It is definitely not good though for searching through for a topic.

Aruba since 1979
    lurkers are FINE!

agree
    it is difficult to searc/research using FB

another forum that is difficult to manuever is the Aruba Forum on Trip Advisor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmconn1 View Post
    With this forum, I am more of a lurker but so appreciate the kindness all of you seem to extend to each other. I have not seen any other forums quite like this. I notice some people on the FB groups tend to be very opinionated and not respectful of others. Fortunately when really heated, the moderators seem to step up. FB is the only social media site I subscribe to so it is nice to see some feeds pop up about my favorite island. It is definitely not good though for searching through for a topic.

IMO - Lurkers are the friends we haven't met yet

Quote Originally Posted by dmconn1 View Post
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123