Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What do you want in a room?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Aruba Lisa- was your hotel on Palm Beach? Maybe we had the same room, lol.
    No think- oldest timeshare resort on the island of Aruba.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Since we only get 10 to 14 days a year in Aruba, beach front and ocean view are a must. We spend most mornings on the beach or by the pool. Don't really need a stove but must have coffee pot, toaster and fridge. We seldom cook but do coffee, bagels, cheese and fruit/melons for breakfast most days and sandwiches for lunch most days. Dinner out every night. The only thing I will cook in Aruba is a shrimp boil one night if I can get some nice fresh shrimp. Since I am the cook at home I consider not cooking part of my vacation. Besides, there are so many restaurant choices I cant find at home. DW prefers a bedroom over a studio but it is not a deal breaker. We have had tremendous luck finding owner rentals at many time share resorts on Aruba and the cost is always less than hotels. Also have had some success with RCI trades so usually get what we are looking for at a great price. We are quite flexible in when we can travel and that makes a big difference. Never had a problem with cleanliness except for a one night stay between timeshares. We stayed in a hotel on the north end of Palm Beach(H I wont say the name)and it was very dirty and definitely NOT the non-smoking room we had requested. We will never stay there again.
    Last edited by arubabob; 05-04-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    No think- oldest timeshare resort on the island of Aruba.

Yikes! I think that may be where I stayed on my honeymoon!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

What do I look for in a room:
    Comfort, cleanness, an AC that is in good working condition that will not start to make any squeaking or rattling sounds at 2am, the kitchen does not have to be huge, I can make do with a small fridge, microwave and maybe a toaster. Internet access, decent cable for those times when I'm not going anywhere or in between activities/events. The most important though would be location, as in close walking distance (not hiking distance) of the beach, activities, and public transportation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234