Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question what to drink...........

Does anyone have any "good, awesome, out of this world" drink recipes, that consists of one type of liquor and 1 mixer (ex-rum and coke..) We would like to take 1 maybe 2 different types of liquor with us, but need something new.........ya know to start the Aruba tradition.........(so we can call it........The Aruba Drink)

Someone mentioned Raspberry Vodka........do you mix that with anything? We're not BIG drinkers, but like to enjoy a drink or 2 (or 3, or 4...) while sitting by the pool/beach....Also looking for something that can be used with different soda's or juices.
    Malibu rum?
    Rum?
    Vodka?

Just thought of something.............what about mixing some kind of liquor with Kool-Aid........I'm traveling with 4 little ones, so Kool-aid will be readily available.
    In HS...we used to mix grape koolaid with vodka?? Hmmm...........that'll take me back a few years.

Ok, now which mixture will be the best.............HMMMMMM..........

Raspberry vodka goes with Sprite. Buy a bottle of Sprite, spill some out, replace with raspberry vodka....take to beach!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Our Aruba drink of choice

The rum in Aruba is really good. There is one we buy each time but, I'm sorry I can't remember the name just know the bottle. Both the rum and the mixers are very reasonably priced there. We buy the pina colada mix and make a pitcher for the pool. That's our Aruba drink!
    Connie
    Next Aruba trip in

Stoli raspberry & cranberry juice is usually my wife's drink of choice. (I prefer it with Sprite or ginger ale myself) I'm afraid Kool-Aid would be way too sweet for my taste.

I could offer several suggestions but I'm not sure how your tastes run. Some folks are vodka drinkers while others prefer rum. Or perhaps your taste is more in line with scotch, gin or whiskey.

There are so many good drinks out there it's hard to recommend something not knowing what you prefer. Point us in the right direction and I'm sure we can come up with some great options for you.

(and if you're really up for an adventure, ask me about my secret Mango Sangria recipe!)

coronacathy
    I love coconut rum & pinapple juice for my Aruba drink.
    My friend likes vanilla vodka & coke..taste like vanilla coke.

coronacathy
    chs4
    How about the recipe for your Mango Sangria? Sounds yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by coronacathy View Post
    chs4
    How about the recipe for your Mango Sangria? Sounds yummy!
    YES! Inquiring minds want to know...

Red face

Well.........what kind of drinks am I looking for??.........I like sweet.......... and something that I can multi mix (meaning if I tire of grape kool-aid, I can mix with pineapple juice) I'm not huge on soda's, I will drink an occasional coke...... but if it's soda, then it's usually sprite/7-up.

I may be better off with just some Vodka and Rum..............I just thought flavored Vodka would be nice??

Thanks for all the replies..........keep 'em coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    YES! Inquiring minds want to know...
    OK, but let's just keep it between us...

It's more or less a basic red sangria, kicked up a notch: (as another fella' from New England used to say)

2 bottles chilled dry red wine
    1 cup Courvoisier
    1 lemon, cut into thin rounds
    1 lime, cut into thin rounds
    1 apple, chunked
    2 large mangoes, chunked
    2 cups cold club soda

You don't need to use an expensive wine...any middle-of-the-road Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, etc. will do. Traditionally you would use Rioja, a Spanish wine, but I've had trouble finding it locally so I improvise.

Simply mix all ingredients other than the club soda in a large pitcher and let chill for at least a couple hours. Do not add any ice at this point as you don't want it to melt and dilute the sangria.

You also don't want to let it set too long or the fruit will begin to break down and the acid from the citrus will make for a bitter sangria. Several hours is fine, but I probably wouldn't leave it overnight.

Mix in the club soda and (if necessary) add a bit of ice to keep it chilled just before serving.

There are as many sangria recipes as there are tastes, so experiment a little and see what suits you. There is no bad sangria...only some you like more than others!

(try substituting Grand Marnier for the Courvoiser and oranges for the mangoes...delicious)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast