Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: What has been your best Aruba experience

What has been your best Aruba experience

We all seem to have a great experience or two. What was yours?

The first time we set foot on the island, we both simultaneously thought, "This is it."

That first trip was extremely important as all the boxes were checked for where we wanted to retire. I remember floating in the pool the first night (in the dead of February), looking up and thinking, "Wow. This is winter."

And we had dinner at "The Flying Fishbone" one night and, with the waves lapping at our feet, again I thought, "This can't get any better."

On the subsequent trips, we met lots of people, looked at a lot of real estate, went to banks, did tons of grocery shopping, went to hardware stores, boticas, bars and restaurants that locals frequent and knew we'd found the right place.

But I'll never forget the first time we came off that Sunwing flight and set foot on the tarmac.

Our best experience in Aruba was the day during our first trip that we left Palm Beach with ownership papers at the Surf Club. That was a while back, and it's one of the major things we have done in 37 years of marriage that we never regretted even for one second.

This trip was our best experience as Tom was healthy enough to travel. We realized how fortunate we were to be vacationing in Aruba. We were able to enjoy the warm hugs and welcome home from the staff at the Divi. The Pelicans were still there diving for their breakfast and didn't care if we were next to them. Most of all we enjoyed ourselves on the Black Pearl, snorkeling for the very first time. Aruba let us heal! Now that is the best experience.

Aruba since 1979
    good words peg!

i think that our best experience(s):
    snorkeling with Arubabob (Stuart was our guide)
    2 hour helicopter tour............magnificent.
    a day at depalm island back in 1999 or 2000...........quiet, inexpensive, good snorkeling.

(worst experience was being rear ended 3 yrs ago by a texting driver.........my neck is still sore)

I have 2. As others stated, our first trip, our honeymoon in 1989 is a favorite. After a few years of living together, making minimum wage, going to college, eating mac/cheese and pb&j, we both got real jobs. I hadn't imagined a luxurious honeymoon, and when my hubby said "Aruba", I had to look it up. It wasn't as popular back then. It was wonderful.

My second fave is the first year we took the kids. We waited to take them until they were older (we didn't feel that chasing them around a pool and beach was vacation-like; we could do that at Myrtle, Florida or Lake Erie for that matter) and they were 17 and 15 on their first visit. They were soooooo excited and we had a great time showing them around.

Now to make favorite #3, in April, to celebrate anniversary 25 (just a few months late)!

I've been thinking of this all morning and just can't possibly pick one best so I'll have to go with a few..
    1. Our Honeymoon and first introduction to Aruba 1998
    2. My brother proposing underwater at Baby Beach 2009
    3. My best friend's wedding 2010
    4. My vow renewal for our 15th anniversary 2013

All family memories made so much more special by being in Aruba

Others:
    5. Checking out the big Natural Bridge just a few weeks before it collapsed
    6. Our first Jolly Pirate cruise where the pirates put on a big show of flips and acrobatics
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    seems to me EVERY one of your trips was the best

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I've been thinking of this all morning and just can't possibly pick one best so I'll have to go with a few..
    1. Our Honeymoon and first introduction to Aruba 1998
    2. My brother proposing underwater at Baby Beach 2009
    3. My best friend's wedding 2010
    4. My vow renewal for our 15th anniversary 2013

All family memories made so much more special by being in Aruba

Others:
    5. Checking out the big Natural Bridge just a few weeks before it collapsed
    6. Our first Jolly Pirate cruise where the pirates put on a big show of flips and acrobatics

In summary, I have found the kindness and attitude of the Aruban people to be one of the finest things here. This is followed by the beautiful scenes of Baby Beach, Rodgers, Casibari Rocks, Frenchmans Pass and so on. No place like it ....Aruba

Well, that's a little hard to narrow down. Right now, I think it's not having to leave the island. It's good to be a full time resident. . . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast