Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What Makes us so Passionate about Aruba and Aruba Related Things?

LK1
    When we go in January we don't have to worry about snow. Canadian winters i can do without.

Rick

For starters I have lived in the Southern Caribbean for a great portion of my life, in a country that is ranked 3rd behind the Bahamas and Aruba in the ranking for the top 'Wealthy Islands in the Caribbean.' And as much as I love the land of my birth, there is just something about Aruba that has me longing for another visit or the opportunity to migrate there. Friends and relatives have rolled their eyes and uttered a soft groan whenever I begin to talk about Aruba. What can I say? There is something about that little island that makes me passionate/enthusiastic about being there.
    What makes me passionate/enthusiastic about Aruba? A whole lot!!
    1. There is something in the atmosphere that in addition to making me feel more relaxed and laid back, also makes me feel more enthusiastic about the day ahead. Instead of rolling over and groaning when the alarm on my phone goes off I get out of bed feeling happy.
    2. As an aspiring writer I just feel more creative whenever I'm on Aruba. Great ideas just seem to come to me, as I'm writing them down new ideas keep on popping up. Just looking around at the day to day activities is infinite inspiration for short and long stories.
    3. The extremely low crime rate, compared to where I live where the crime rate is ridiculous and where the law abiding have to barricade themselves in their own homes behind layers of burglar proofing, alarm systems and guard dogs; on Aruba not at all. Yeah there is crime, but not on the level that locals and visitors have to fortify their homes to feel safe. Sure you also have to use common sense when going out and about; but then again you don't have to keep you head on a swivel to check your surroundings when out walking or the Ulster Twist.
    4. Whenever I am on Aruba I feel like the real person that I am meant to be, someone who smiles more, is relaxed, willing to slow down and not be in such a rush; is way more creative and able to live in the moment.

What can I say, Aruba just has that effect on me that it brings out the best in me, and in each and every visitor to the island. Which is why we all love it so very, very much. If the opportunity were to present itself where I would be allowed to move to Aruba to live and work in a job where the salary is less than what I make in my own country I will take it in a heartbeat. The reduction in pay would be worth it and then some.
    Last edited by vallond; 06-05-2016 at 06:41 PM.

I would think that most would agree that anytime you go on a vacation, you're relaxed, less stressed. When I go on vacation, my everyday worries disappear, be it family, health, finances, home repairs, laundry, cleaning, or even as simple as what to have for dinner. We don't take our jobs with us, we use that time to focus on our family.

We once did a vacation that I call the "pregnancy tour". When I was pregnant with #1, we decided to take our last kid-free vacation for a while and started in Ohio, drove through Niagara Falls, ON, on to Toronto, Montreal, down to Bar Harbor, Boston and then back home. I learned that it was not a relaxing type vacation (being pregnant may have had something to do with it) and I didn't get that ahhhhhhhhh feeling as I did when in Aruba.

I have always tried to determine what makes Aruba different. We seem to have a higher level of relaxation there. It's a sentimental thing because our honeymoon was Aruba. It's a familiarity thing. "They" say we are creatures of habit. It's the weather.
    I'm an outdoor person, but not in the camping, hiking, boating sense. I love being outside, especially on a beach. It's the breeze, the people, the food, it's the sand and sun. It's being able to go to sleep when I want, get up when I want, lie around or explore if I want, eat when I want, gamble when I want and shop when I want.

DW and I fell in love with Aruba on our first trip. It's an escape from the stress and demands of the real world. You go to Aruba and there's no pressure to do something or be somewhere. You can relax, drink, swim, sunbathe or whatever you WANT to do.

As much as we enjoy Aruba, DW and I don't feel like we could live there. I've always said it's the 50 weeks we spend in Massachusetts that makes the two weeks in Aruba special for us. I wouldn't mind if it was a little longer than two weeks...

I agree with almost everything you said. I fell in love with Aruba on our first trip as well, escape the demands etc....the only place we differ is your last paragraph. I too could not live in Aruba all year, I would like to save 2 weeks to visit my family in Massachusetts as I spend the other 50 in Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    DW and I fell in love with Aruba on our first trip. It's an escape from the stress and demands of the real world. You go to Aruba and there's no pressure to do something or be somewhere. You can relax, drink, swim, sunbathe or whatever you WANT to do.

As much as we enjoy Aruba, DW and I don't feel like we could live there. I've always said it's the 50 weeks we spend in Massachusetts that makes the two weeks in Aruba special for us. I wouldn't mind if it was a little longer than two weeks...

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    In Aruba I'm never too busy to remember what life is supposed to be about. It asks for nothing and gives me... me. I also don't know if I could ever live on the island full-time because I do worry it could make it less special. That isn't to say I wouldn't mind trying to find out.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Full time may be a stretch for me as well but I do have a goal of moving to Aruba 6 months out of the year when my son is in College. Not sure if my dream will turn into reality but its always fun to dream. I have 12 years to save

If you are trying to do the math, I am an "older" parent with a 6 yr old, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    In Aruba I'm never too busy to remember what life is supposed to be about. It asks for nothing and gives me... me. I also don't know if I could ever live on the island full-time because I do worry it could make it less special. That isn't to say I wouldn't mind trying to find out.

When I'm on Aruba my thoughts and thinking becomes all clear and not as hurried as in my regular life. Like a lot of the members of this forum I would love to live on Aruba; and would be quite happy with being able to spend six months on Aruba( from June to December.....hurricane season) and the remaining six at home. Which will give me something to look forward to and allow me to stock up and prepare for my six month stay on Aruba.

I too fear that living in Aruba full time would make it less special. However, you can totally add me to the list of those who would love to try! Six months each year sounds perfect, but I'm not sure I could leave my kids.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Our plan is to do six months when we retire in the next few years. We don't have kids so that's not a factor for us BUT we do have a waiting list of people that are more than willing to come and stay with us for extended periods of time.

We also plan on traveling while we're down there for six months - cruises and trips to South America. Anywhere the weather is good!

For people with kids: My grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles (big family) etc. all (for the most part) moved to Florida for winters and "left the kids behind" but, to be honest, it's more of a draw to visit your relatives in a warm climate that schlep home in miserable winter weather. And, logistically, the warm weather enables fleeing the house when "family time" becomes "dysfunctional time".

"I'M OFF TO THE BEACH FOR THREE HOURS WHILE YOU DEAL WITH YOUR LUNACY!!"

Not that I ever announced that dozens of times in Fort Lauderdale and Tampa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast