Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

What is with these hurricane winds? ? ? ?

Anyone now why or how long these wicked high winds are going to last? ? ? I have breakers and white caps in my pool. Can't sit out without holding on to something to keep from blowing over. . . .

What's going on? ? ? ? Been really bad at nite and most of the day. Can't leave the windows open without everything blowing around the house. . . .

Is this a normal thing for this time of year? ? ? ?

Help before Stanley flies away. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Aruba since 1979
    gusts to 30 !!
    hold onto stanley!

here is the forecast:

Today

Partly cloudy. High 30. UV index up to 10. Wind east around 20 kts, gusting to 30 kts. Isolated showers possible. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation mostly less than 2 mm.
    Tonight

Fair to partly cloudy. Low 25. Wind east around 19 kts, gusting to 29 kts.
    Friday

Mostly sunny. High 30. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 20 kts, gusting to 30 kts.
    Friday night

Fair to partly cloudy. Low 25. Wind east around 17 kts, gusting to 27 kts.
    Saturday

Mostly sunny. High 30. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 20 kts, gusting to 30 kts.
    Saturday night

Fair to partly cloudy. Low 25. Wind east around 17 kts, gusting to 27 kts.
    Sunday

Sunday night

Fair to partly cloudy Low 25. Wind east around 18 kts, gusting to 28 kts.
    Monday

Monday night

Fair to partly cloudy. Low 25. Wind east around 19 kts, gusting to 29 kts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Anyone now why or how long these wicked high winds are going to last? ? ? I have breakers and white caps in my pool. Can't sit out without holding on to something to keep from blowing over. . . .

What's going on? ? ? ? Been really bad at nite and most of the day. Can't leave the windows open without everything blowing around the house. . . .

Is this a normal thing for this time of year? ? ? ?

Help before Stanley flies away. . . .

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Hang on to Stanley Tom and batten down the hatches. It was nice to meet you on Super Bowl Sunday at Busters and to see you again on Carnival Sunday. If I ever hook my camera up to my PC I will try to post the picture I took of you at Carnival. My sister and I were very happy to meet you and chat for a bit. You are every bit as nice in person as you seem on these boards. Best wishes to you and Stanley. Jill (and my sister Stephanie)

With your high pressure system over Aruba and the rest of the Caribbean and low pressure to the north along a front, the result is a

tight pressure gradient which results in high winds

http://www.ehow.com/about_5052107_relationship-pressure-gradient-wind-speed.html

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaJAK View Post
    Hang on to Stanley Tom and batten down the hatches. It was nice to meet you on Super Bowl Sunday at Busters and to see you again on Carnival Sunday. If I ever hook my camera up to my PC I will try to post the picture I took of you at Carnival. My sister and I were very happy to meet you and chat for a bit. You are every bit as nice in person as you seem on these boards. Best wishes to you and Stanley. Jill (and my sister Stephanie)
    Hi Jill, thank you for the note. Was nice to meet you and your sister also. Hope you plan on coming to the island again. Will save you a chair at Buster's. . . We all hope to be back in the same spot next year for Carnaval again. . .

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    If the Good Lord is willing, we will be in the same spot for Carnival next year. For both the Lighting and Grand Parade. Busters is one of our favorite places so we will be happy to sit and chat with you again. I hope the wind dies down soon so you don't have to worry about Stanley turning into Mary Poppins. ;-)