Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: what would you do?

I am happy to report, yesterday was perfect. Five minutes of very loud music which was over quickly. We got to enjoy the beautiful sounds of the ocean. Glad I didn't have to have the internal struggle as to what to do with noisy neighbours.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Last year when I was staying at La Cabana, I got up one morning for my usual walk down the strip towards Costa Linda and back. On my way back as I passed MVC Eagle Beach Hotel, accross the street on the beach parking lot were a group of locals that had the stereo blasting from their car. They had those strong subwoofers with a lot of deep bass. It sounded like a club! Now mind you it was Sunday and 7:30am. I felt bad for the guests trying to relax in their palapas while these guys were chugging down beer, doing shots and blasting the music away like nothing. Except its their island, their home and we are guest but still they should be considerate. I'm sure there are beaches away from the tourist area were they could blast their music without bothering anyone.

Now I was interested in staying at MVC eagles beach for a short 4 or 5 day trip this month. I went to trip advisor and the reviews were positive about this small hotel right on the Eagle Beach Strip. Except one couple who gave a heads up that they had to complain about the loud music being played at the beach from locals on the weekends. They said the music was playing until 1am so they had a hard time sleeping.
    Sad thing is...tourist trade that it is the locals are loosing their beaches to us......I always give leeway to them since I am on their island...that being said, it might not be locals....columbians, venezualins (sp?), etc.....

On the subject of loud music being played close to me on the beach.....I guess I would probably move, those folks that play their music loud enough to bother others are just looking for trouble....they want you to challenge them....now if I were younger I would do exactly as our NJ person and take the iPhone and see if it floats !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Grenade......?
    Water balloons?? Easier to get through customs...

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't call me "young" but I love the thought, lol. See that is the problem when you live in NJ, lol. By the time you get to my age you have perfected the "NJ, oh you did not just do that" way of thinking and acting, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    not being from NJ.............i am not sure that i am comfortable with the stereotype mentioned.

here's hoping randi and hubby continue to have solitude on the beach.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Keep reporting your good times Randi !
    Glad things have calmed down, well except the wind.
    waiting to hear your dinner plans for the rest of the time.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    don't worry Andrea, its not a stereotype. NJ gals are confident and not timid. Its not an insult. I'm not referring to the show "Jersey Shore" of whatever it was called. that's another animal altogether, lol. that's more of a comedy, not a way of life. I know of no one who acts that way.

Being Canadian, I guess I try to be too nice!
    Very nice day today except for the drunk lady who befriended me at the end of the day and I couldn't get rid of her. I told dh that I hop she won't find me tomorrow but he said that wouldn't be an issue, she's drunk so there's no way she remember you!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123