Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMadhouse View Post
    It seems I may be a little more eclectic. Now don't get me wrong I love Island music when I'm in Aruba, but the question is about diversifying.
    How about some Motown, say maybe some Al Green or Sam Cooke.
    Harry Conick Jr.,
    BB King, Arthea Frankin, Cab Callaway
    Carlos Santana...Rob Thomas
    ZZ Tops (everything from Rock to more bluey's stuff...your choice).
    Bonnie Ratt
    Southern Rock stuff, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet, Allman Bros., to name a few.
    Ray Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Kim Wilson and The Fab. Tbirds....lets see, what else....of yeah.....Allman Bros....Eagles...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMadhouse View Post
    "Ok' a here's a couple more: Otis Redding, Setting on the Dock, a classic for sure. Elvis Costello
    Okay looks like I could share iPods with either TJ or Michele.

Gotta rock with the blues.....!!!
    Would be happy to share with you Arubalisa.......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I was REALLY hoping that I would hear that blues thang come up.
    (No, not a misspelled word...)
    Well, for any interested parties, the young lady that I was working with got the opportunity to do some songwriting with Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo), so gears have shifted again, and lo and behold, I'm back on the Blues path, in a SERIOUS way.
    I spent the week in Chicago a few weeks back and was lucky enough to hang out and sit in with the likes of Buddy Guy, Lurrie Bell, The Blues Doctor, The Park Avenue Blues Band, oh, the list goes on. What an amazing place!

I also visited the Blues Heaven Foundation at 2120 S. Michigan Avenue, the old Chess recording studios, and got reacquainted with Mrs. Marie Dixon, Willie's widow. That re-meeting has inspired me to get back to my musical roots, so I'm starting to promote Blues shows here in Toronto, and once I'm happy with a band, I'll likely consider dragging some of the musicians south to Aruba for a week or so.
    Hopefully in April/May, likely at the Tamarijn... they seem to like me there.
    Who would be interested in a Blues show on the wonderful island paradise that we all call our second home?

This could take some planning,
    but how about "Blues on the Beach"?

Let me know, or better yet, let your resort know...

be well, brightest of blessings

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

While we're at it, alittle Kid Rock woundn't be a bad thing either. There's a whole alot more, but I'm not too sure how it would appeal to your market . BTW we've been going to Tamarijn for like 20 years.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, steering wheel in one hand, Martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “Haaa Wooo” what a ride!!!"

"...we've been going to Tamarijn for like 20 years."

So you must be ready for some sort of musical change...

I've been there for the past 8 years, and as much as I do truly love the place, there would seem to be a desperate need for an infusion of some sort of new music. Seemingly whenever a "new" musical" act comes through, they end up playing the same old stuff, over and over and over and over.... well, you get the point.

My theory is (if you don't mind for a moment) that the folks who have been enjoying the same songs for however many years are starting to bring their kids, who are starting to bring their kids, and you can be pretty sure that "Knock Three Times" isn't going to go over too well with little Johnny and Sally after listening to the radio all day. Know what I mean?

Now, as much as I'm not looking to do top forty (shudder at the thought) I know that the parents of the kiddies just might like the Blues, and that's what I'm hoping for. By all means, some "island fare" will have to be in the repertoire, because after all, it is the islands.

Another project in the works, more devious ways to spend more time in paradise....

How long 'til next April?

TOO LONG

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com

As for the Kid Rock.... well, to each his own.
    I'll pass personally....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Okay Mr. Ratt.....It is amazing that I grew up listening to the Allman Bros, Fab Tbirds, etc and didn't realize until the tender age of 39 (teehee) that I loved the blues!!! I have corrected that problem as you can see from my former response to your question about what we'd like to hear...
    However, my problem is with your choice of dates.....you must change them to the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November next year, rather than April/May....Too much going on early in year and nothing later, plus that is when I will be there and will gladly hang on the beach and let you know what I think of your blues bands.....I also would not mind if you grabbed David Gogo and brought him down for this blues extravaganza!!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    "...we've been going to Tamarijn for like 20 years."

So you must be ready for some sort of musical change...

I've been there for the past 8 years, and as much as I do truly love the place, there would seem to be a desperate need for an infusion of some sort of new music. Seemingly whenever a "new" musical" act comes through, they end up playing the same old stuff, over and over and over and over.... well, you get the point.

My theory is (if you don't mind for a moment) that the folks who have been enjoying the same songs for however many years are starting to bring their kids, who are starting to bring their kids, and you can be pretty sure that "Knock Three Times" isn't going to go over too well with little Johnny and Sally after listening to the radio all day. Know what I mean?

Now, as much as I'm not looking to do top forty (shudder at the thought) I know that the parents of the kiddies just might like the Blues, and that's what I'm hoping for. By all means, some "island fare" will have to be in the repertoire, because after all, it is the islands.

Another project in the works, more devious ways to spend more time in paradise....

How long 'til next April?

TOO LONG

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com

As for the Kid Rock.... well, to each his own.
    I'll pass personally....

I'm not really a Kid Rock fan some/most of it's pretty trashy. I lean more towards the Southern Rock side of the Kid.

As for musical change at the Tamarijn....ABSOLUTLY....I'm ready . "Knock Three Times" definitely NOT LOL, and oh yea NO Neil Diamond . As for your scheduled arrival I gotta agree with danadog56. We also don't get to the Tam. until the Fall .
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, steering wheel in one hand, Martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “Haaa Wooo” what a ride!!!"

Love the carribean sounds but breaking it up a little seems like a great idea to me. Female isinger? Alanis Morisette would be nice. Accoustic versions of classic rock songs would make me happy also

Those same songs over and over are SO irritating!
    I would like to hear more Soca/Tropical music like Alison Hinds
    http://www.myspace.com/alisonhinds
    and similar more modern music.
    Alison is awesome!

Ok I thought about it alittle heres a short list. Basically some older classic's but they would easily melt into some newer blues really nicely. I'm not too sure about Edgar Winter and The Guess Who though????? Statesboro Blues would be a must!!!

1) Van Morrison Gloria
    2) Van Morrison Brown Eyed Girl
    3) Ted Nugent Stranglehold
    4) Otis Redding I cant turn you loose
    5) Otis Redding (Sittin’ On) The Dock of The Bay
    6) Ray Charles What’d I say
    7) Al Green Funny how Time slips away
    8) Kenny Wayne Shepard Somehow, Somewhere, Someway
    9) Stevie Ray Vaughan The House is Rockin
    10) Hootie & The Blowfish Hannah Jane
    11) Golden Ear Ring Radar Love
    12) Golden Ear Ring Twilight Zone
    13) Lynyrd Skynyrd Call me the Breeze
    14) Allman Brothers Band South Bound
    15) Allman Brothers band Statesboro Blues
    16) ZZ Top I’m bad I’m Nationwide
    16) ZZ Top Top La Grange
    17) Metallica Enter Sandman
    18) BB King Something you Got
    19) Bad Company Bad Company
    20) Mountain Mississippi Queen
    21) The Allman Brothers Band South Bound
    22) Steppenwolf Born to be wild
    23) Albert King Born Under a Bad Sign
    24) Johnny Winter Johnny B. Goode
    25) Bonnie Ratt Runaway
    26) Junior Walker and The All Stars Shotgun
    27) Ram Jam Black Betty
    28) Santana Black Magic Woman
    29) The Guess Who American Woman
    30) Edgar Winter Frankenstein
    31) Molly Hachet Flirtin’ with Disaster

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345