Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: What Was Your "Magical Aruba Moment"

It's magical every time and starts when the pilot announces that we are about to land. It continues on as we look out windows and get a glimpse of the island, sand and surf. We can't wait to clear immigration and get through the exit area. As soon as the fresh air hits you in the face we both say it's great to be home. We always drive through downtown on our way to our condo. The vision of the palms against the backdrop as you approach the bridge brings total relaxation.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

For me too, there are many:

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel room, watching the sunset with a drink in my hand.

A fun memory with the kids; We once arrived on the island on Christmas Day. Many families have big Christmas dinners, and we were normally one of those families. That year's Christmas dinner consisted of burgers, fries, and any other junk food we could get from the bar that we ate while sitting on the beach. Best Christmas dinner ever.

Knowing I have my hubby's attention for an entire week, or longer if our trip is longer. Seeing him relax makes my trip. I don't have a very stressful job, but he does.

I'm not a foodie, but I remember various dinners, especially those at sunset.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

My 15 yr old son wants to add "seeing the people we met last year and remembering them and them remembering us, pina coladas and being on Jolly Pirates"
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Tracey: I am NOT a morning person. However, when I'm in Aruba I can wake up early, hit the beach and also enjoy as the island wakes up. You're right, quiet and perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Our first day on the island was also our first time out of the country. I hadn't done much research or planning and our first day at the Tropicana we didn't really know where to go or what to do. Our room wasn't what we expected, as we weren't aware that it was a timeshare. The restaurant and convenience store prices scared us since we had a tight budget. The next morning we took the bus to get on Jolly Pirates. That moment, on the boat, surrounded by beautiful water, and finally feeling comfortable and relaxed after a nervous first day...that was it. The breeze, the water, and the friendly pirates. It was a whole new level of relaxation. That day we realized in the beginning we were Palm Beach people.

Now my moments are found in the early morning on the beach as the island wakes up. It's quiet and perfect.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Our first trip to Aruba was ten years before we actually got to stay for a vacation. We were on a cruise and spent the day and evening in Aruba. We did a sunset catamaran cruise with lots of drinks etc. It was heavenly. From that day on I said I would like to go there and spend a week. Once we did this we were "hooked". Love it. We have been back from our trip for two weeks and still haven't had time to report.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    My 15 yr old son wants to add "seeing the people we met last year and remembering them and them remembering us, pina coladas and being on Jolly Pirates"

OMG...I wish I had a mother like you back in the day.

After thinking about it... I can say our most magical moment was sitting at MCO airport heading to AUA for the first time and a group of "locals" was talking to us about all the events that week. King's Bday, King and Queen being in town.. (actually saw them very close) gave us so many tips.. then just sitting downtown listening to the music and again talking to more elderly local's . One of the best times.. felt like we knew them forever.
    Matter of fact "every" local we met made us feel so welcome to "their" home.

The funniest story, our second year we stayed in a room connected to the full oceanfront suite.
    On the second day noticed the maid left the connecting door open connected to our room.
    Well that night after drinking, I decided lets go into the suite, it was unoccupied, dressed in our birthday
    suits I decided to open the sliding doors in the front suite, upon opening them the wind closed the door leading
    back into our room!!!!
    We had no keys, latch was on our room door and no clothes.
    Ran down the hallway with a bath towel, the small one one the floor, not a full towel around me, knocking at my cousins room, no answer!!
    Finally the security came up and asked why and how were we in that oceanfront room??
    The whole time my wife was hiding in the shower in the suite, it was pretty bad..
    It took maintenance an hour getting our door latch, to enter the room..
    The next morning received a call from the front desk, informing me never enter another room not belonging to me..
    It was humiliating, laugh about it now, not funny back then...

So after that, I have always stayed and booked that suite, well difference being now we pay!!!! lol

At the end of our first trip to Aruba in 2008 with our then 15 year old. 13 year old and 10 year old, I felt a sense of "home". I took a photo of two of the beach attendants and told them they needed to stay because we would be back. Aftter a few years we made it back, now own at that resort, visit annually and the beach attendants are still there. I had never felt that way anywhere we had visited.

The magical moment for me is when I see the first glimpse of the ocean driving in to our resort and having our first drink at Pizza Bob's once we are checked in, inventory is completed and groceries have been shopped for.

Enjoy your first trip to Aruba and come back and tell us what your magical moment was.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Rescuer View Post
    OMG...I wish I had a mother like you back in the day.
    He totally meant VIRGIN pina coladas! Just doesn't yet realize that mommy's are different than his. Well, he prob does!
    Last edited by Jacki; 08-02-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast