Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: When to Book?

When to Book?

Hello!

We are getting closer to planning our first trip to Aruba!

I am just wondering, when is the best time to book flights and such? We are hoping for either this November ( 5-11th) or sometime after the New Year. I really want to go in November because it's been way too long since i've had a real vacation.

The airfare from Boston to Aruba seems to have dropped some. Although I haven't been able to find ANY direct flights and my husband is not real keen on flying anything but direct flights. I can't see the sense in paying so much more for a direct flight, myself. One of our subtle differences

Will prices dip again at all? I am hoping at least the hotel prices do. Bucuti is still pretty steep for the week I am looking at. I am also wondering if the state of the economy will force prices down a bit. If no one is travelling they may lower prices to motivate people like myself to come!

Any insight really appreciated! Also wondering if that ARuba4less is really a good deal over doing everything separately through each website?

I Got Direct Flights On Jet Blue From Boston To Aruba. $400 Round Trip For April 2008. I Booked It In January.

Joanie A

Quote Originally Posted by JOANIE A View Post
    I Got Direct Flights On Jet Blue From Boston To Aruba. $400 Round Trip For April 2008. I Booked It In January.

Joanie A
    Wow, thanks!!

Kymra sign up for some airfare alerts on websites like hotwire, kayak, farecompare.com. They can alert you when there is a fare sale.

Dom
    The best thing to do is to check the airfares every day using the airlines internet sites. The airfares may go either up or down on a daily basis. When you see a fare that looks good to you, grab it immediately. I fly out of Newark and I purchased round trip tickets for a trip in June for about $400. A week or 2 later, the airfare went up to almost $600. Then a week or 2 after that the fare went down to $390. When I last checked it was about $850 for the same flights.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Jet Blue does not let you book sooner than 6 months in advance. But their rates and direct from Boston. I am using frequent flyer's miles to come down in May, but I could have got similar rate at the time of booking.
    Also their new 38" leg room in several rows sound great. I jumped right on paying the extra fee. Aruba they made me pay $20 instead of the advertised $10.

Have fun, Pete

We book in September for our annual April/May pilgrimage.
    April/May in Aruba - ahhh

September sounds pretty good, plan on taking a spreak break trip out there with some friends. hopefully the prices wont be too bad

Hi ,
    We have flown from Boston to Aruba on U.S.Air on a direct flight. Leave around 8a.m. and arrive about 1p.m. I believe it was around 525. I booked Jet Blue for August this year, with the tax etc. it came to 615.