Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1973 My freind was a travel agent I was looking for a spot to go on my honeymoon ( 1st.) lol he told me of a small island named ARUBA . Long story short here I am 44 trips later.
    aruba lover 99

45 th trip coming soon

I'm having so much fun reading all of your 'finding Aruba' stories. I'm even more excited about our next visit which is just around the corner - finally. I think we booked it the week after being back from our trip last year.

**Your husband is quite the romantic hollilol.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    in 1995 for my first (marriage) honeymoon.(LOL flying air aruba!) I really cant even remember why we picked there. Cant remember if its was the travel agent suggested or what.. We stayed at the americana (now the ocdential). totally beautiful, ocean view room) loved then. got burnt to a crips one day. and got sick from it.. (guess I didnt' realize how close were to the equador! oops.... when my first marriage fell apart shortly there after.. I thought about moving to aruba... i guess I never had the heart to leave everyone behind. it took me 14 years to get back..(march 2009. HI).. and I can tell you one thing.. not going to be another 14 years again.. I left part of my heart down there last year!
    I didn't want to go to the same place on my second honeymoon (we went to mexico instead. and in december no less and it was the rainy season!) boy we should have went to aruba!!!
    I have been to other islands.. and I can tell you nothing matches up to ARUBA!!!!

I long for my return to paridise!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    great topic by the way! enjoying very much!!!

Our first time to Aruba was in 1989 on a last minute seat sale. While touring around we saw the Amsterdam Manor being built and decided if we ever went back to Aruba we would go there.
    Two years later the AM was on a seat sale so we went and have gone back to the AMsterdam Manor ever since.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

In 2003 I won tickets from KLM to (my choice of) one of their worldwide destinations

I traveled alot in my life, to all parts of the world.. did not feel like returning to any of the places I had already seen, and could not figure out where to go. A friend of mine provided me with a world map & a pen in my hand, put a blindful on me and said: go wherever the pen hits on the map! It hit Aruba Luckily KLM had flights to the island, and off I went.. knowing nothing about my destination!

7 years later I am still smiling about how I discovered Aruba. Got addicted as soon as I walked out of the airport the first time! Going back for the 51st time in 5 days

Aruba since 1979
    i am enjoying reading everyone's "first time stories"

this is a great thread.

My wife and first heard about Aruba when we were planning our wedding waaaayyyyyyyy back in 1982.(yup it's been a long time and I pray for many more).We booked our honeymoon to the almost unheard of(at that time)island and went.At that time they didn't even have straight through flights from Newark,N.J. We had to fly out of JFK.My only regret is that I waited too many years before we started going back.Now we go at least once a year and sometimes twice.(depends on the wallet)

We had a travel agent who recommended the Tam. We did all the research and decided against all-inclusive and decided to use our hotel and airline points. We looked around more, and almost decided against the carribbean in favor of Athens, Greece. We looked more at Aruba and decided on downtown at the Ren. We loved it and our 4th trip, again to the Ren, is next month.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Remember it well...Winter of 04...Sitting in my office and on the radio...a travel company is advertising Aruba...7 nights at the Ren....I planned it all out so my wife didn't know..( called her work to get her off )...

Was going to wait till a couple days before to tell her...but changed my mind...and one Sunday morning...I told her we were going in a couple weeks...she thought I was kidding and when she found out I wasn't she cried...

Within 48 hrs...of being on the Island....I knew I had to come back and stay longer.
    It was 6am...and I was standing at the blue pool... at the Ren. Marina..over looking the blvd...as a cruise ship came gliding in.

How can you feel like your home..and have never been there before. Such a calm...peaceful feeling is what I felt.

The Island is like an old family receipt ....It has all the ingredients to make you happy.
    Last edited by BigPapa; 03-17-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast