Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979
    hmmmmm athens vs aruba ARUBA!

Quote Originally Posted by CPhT Nancy View Post
    We had a travel agent who recommended the Tam. We did all the research and decided against all-inclusive and decided to use our hotel and airline points. We looked around more, and almost decided against the carribbean in favor of Athens, Greece. We looked more at Aruba and decided on downtown at the Ren. We loved it and our 4th trip, again to the Ren, is next month.

while dating, my dh and I decided to go on a trip to the caribbean - neither of us had been, and other than Canada, I had never left the U.S. DH asked his cousin who is a travel agent which would be the best island to visit. He said hands down Aruba, so we booked a 6 night stay. At the end of our trip we did not want to leave - so extended our stay for 2 more nights, and upon returning home immediately booked our 2nd trip for the following year. We are now counting down to trip #9!!
    Sometimes we wonder if we should try other islands - maybe we are boring for going to the same place every year, but from everything i read there is no better place for us - we are not sightseers - just want to relax on the beach and since it seems Aruba has the nicest beaches and guaranteed weather it would be silly to go elsewhere!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

so, for me it was a stop on our cruise and Dh, myself and our friends decided to try the island ourselves....the previous islands we stuck with planned tours and were tired of that...so off we went on our own.
    Aruba was the only island that we were not chased down by someone asking to braid our hair or buy a "handmade" something or other.....
    So the next year when planning our vacation we thought we would give Aruba another go...and of course we all know what the results were.....head over heals in love with the island. And as many others have said we discuss going to other islands, places, etc. but we have a hard time actually going.....since we are so comfortable and feel safe and secure in Aruba we end up just going...and always have a spectacular time !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    the ATA should consider taking statements from us and using them in their AD campaign.

On New Year's Eve, December 31, 1979, when a relative called me from there.

Took me 18 years to get there myself (December 27, 1997), but have been an annual visitor since!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    On New Year's Eve, December 31, 1979, when a relative called me from there.

Took me 18 years to get there myself (December 27, 1997), but have been an annual visitor since!

Worth the wait wasn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    Worth the wait wasn't it??
    Yeah.....

My relative has not been able to go back. He who laughs last, laughs best!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Our first visit to 'our' island was in October, 1976 for our honeymoon. We were due to graduate college that year, but when planning our honeymoon, we had very little money. The travel agent suggested Aruba, but neither one of us had ever heard of it. When she said we could go for one week for $1400 including airfare, we were sold. We stayed at the Aruba Caribbean and had a fabulous vacation. We didn't get back until 2001 for our 25th anniversary. We were busy raising 3 sons, buying houses, etc. When we decided to go back for our 25th anniversary, we did some reading to find out what the Aruba Caribbean was 25 years later because we wanted to stay at the same hotel. We figured out it was the Radisson and have been going back every year since then for our anniversary, sometimes going twice a year, always staying at the Radisson. In 2003 we took our three sons (adults by then) with us to celebrate my 50th birthday so they could see for themselves what we love about Aruba. It is our home away from home, and the staff at the Radisson feels like family.

This is such a cool thread! Love reading about everyone's "Discovering Aruba" stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the ATA should consider taking statements from us and using them in their AD campaign.
    I couldn't agree more.

Like a few others, after our honeymoon, we didn't visit again for several years. We were married in our early twenties, so as much as we loved our first trip, we had very limited vacation days, and, having not traveled much as kids, there were so many other places we'd never visited. But, after several years, we were able to add Aruba to our itinerary once again. It only took the one trip to remind us of everything we loved about Aruba. We would not miss our annual trip now, and once my husband retires, we hope to turn that once a year trip into two. It's funny that so many have said that they've considered other islands, but end up passing on them. We've done the same thing. I'm sure they're lovely, but why mess with success? We love the warm waters, cool breezes, friendly people, and a place that feels like a home away from home, so Aruba it is and will always be.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast