Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the ATA should consider taking statements from us and using them in their AD campaign.
    Andrea, that is so true....rent billboard space and post some ""quotes" from die hard Aruba fans.....or better yet, get us all on the island to take a picture they can use as an advertisment !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Great stories! We received our first trip as a gift at the ABC and immediately fell in love with the island. We're headed back in June to the Divi and again in September to La Cabana. You can't have too much of a good thing if that thing is Aruba.

Well, really we had 'heard' of Aruba because of the famous Beach Boys song, but had not known much about the island. In 2005, we were planning a trip to celebrate our 10th anniversary early, since we had a baby due in spring 2006, and figured we would be busy with a baby when our anniversary rolled around.

With some Hyatt points to use, we looked at the Grand Cayman location (I think - it no longer exists on the Hyatt website), but they were repairing hurricane damage, so we ruled that out. Then we read that the Hyatt Aruba was one of the best places on the island, so we booked a trip for November. Sadly, our baby passed away about 2 weeks before our trip, at 18 weeks gestation (the second time that had happened to us within a year, and both without explanation).

We decided to still go on our trip, and had a wonderful time. I cannot explain the feeling of leaving so much grief and coldness, to walk into the Hyatt and receive cheerful and warm greetings from everyone there. If you have to grieve, it is better to grieve in Aruba than at home in the cold, without doubt! When we look back, we can see how God used our trip to Aruba to heal our hearts and our marriage during that sad time.
    Last edited by sandy; 03-18-2010 at 08:22 PM.

were I worked in around 1973, there was one of our customers , steve was his name, he used to go all the time, and tell me how beautiful it was, there was I think 1 hotel, he made it seem like it was his own private island, I have always wanted to go to this paradise, finally made it in 2007

In 1975, I was working my 1st job at a pharmacy. A repeat customer of ours would always come in with the most beutiful tan several times a year. he was of European decent and very handsome. I asked him one day,"where do you go to get such a beautiful tan"? he replied in his very nice accent.. "Well Aruba of course", when you get a little older you should make sure you take a trip to Aruba. The water is a wonderful turquoise blue and beaches that you can walk for miles. My parents always travelled to Barbados. After my father passed away, a trip already booked and paid for, my mother took the family to Barbados. I travelled there 5 or 6 more times and thought I would never see another island as pretty. Now on the 2nd marriage, kids grown and back in the travel mode since 2003, we went to MX and were searching for another trip during March break. Everything was sold out. The travel agent called us and said "I have one other destination you might like, although it is a little more money, Aruba". We booked the following day and didn't even know which hotel we were staying at until we arrived on the island and were taken to the Allegro (now the Occidental). We have been travelling back to Aruba twice per year since staying at different locations or home rentals each stay. Last October introduced the island to some of our travel friends and this October the entire group will get together in our rented 4 bd house/pool for 3 weeks. Co-workers are sick of my stories, but hey they have never been and I keep returning with more stories and a great tan every time. Dreams of retirement on the island are never far from our minds. If we are lucky enough, it will come true.

Patti & Danny
    Ont Canada
    Patti P
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    that is a sad story sandy.
    yup you were steered to aruba for a reason
    and you got some r and r and much healing time.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Well, really we had 'heard' of Aruba because of the famous Beach Boys song, but had not known much about the island. In 2005, we were planning a trip to celebrate our 10th anniversary early, since we had a baby due in spring 2006, and figured we would be busy with a baby when our anniversary rolled around.

With some Hyatt points to use, we looked at the Grand Cayman location (I think - it no longer exists on the Hyatt website), but they were repairing hurricane damage, so we ruled that out. Then we read that the Hyatt Aruba was one of the best places on the island, so we booked a trip for November. Sadly, our baby passed away about 2 weeks before our trip, at 18 weeks gestation (the second time that had happened to us within a year, and both without explanation).

We decided to still go on our trip, and had a wonderful time. I cannot explain the feeling of leaving so much grief and coldness, to walk into the Hyatt and receive cheerful and warm greetings from everyone there. If you have to grieve, it is better to grieve in Aruba than at home in the cold, without doubt! When we look back, we can see how God used our trip to Aruba to heal our hearts and our marriage during that sad time.

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    For our Honeymoon in 2005 we wanted to get away someplace warm and relaxing so I brought up Aruba. 1st stay was at the Divi AI and we got caught with Hurricane Ivan. With that the island basically shutdown and our trips were cancelled and dinners as well. Thankfully we were able to rent a car and see the island before Ivan came along. I had heard so much about the Natural Bridge that I am thankful that I was able to see that and have our picture taken there. I very nice gentleman from N.Y. took the picture of us and it is one of my favorite pictures, as you can tell from my Avatar. Anyway since our excursions were cancelled we both knew we had to go back and finish what we couldn't do the first time around. On our 2nd trip to Divi AI we bought our timeshare at the Links and have been going every year since. This year will be our first 2 week vacation there. I am looking forward to this very much.
    Mike M

Pool Side in

My first trip to aruba was a surprise 40th birthday present, I won't tell you how long ago...oh ok about 16yrs ago., and we have gone back twice on a cruise for the day, then for the past 4 years have gone every year....I am getting ready to book the next trip...I just don't know how you can't fall in love with aruba.....they must be crazy... my son keeps saying to me there are so many other places in the world to go try somewhere new why would I want to all my 90,000 friends that I haven't met yet are in aruba, and I may meet a few each year..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Hi there!

We are from the uk. We will be making our first trip to Aruba this october. We have been to most other carribean islands and were looking to get away later in the year and saw that aruba had a lovely climate at this time. I t has only been availiable to us in the uk for the last couple of years and remains very limited to us with select tour operators only offering package deals.

From all the info we have heard from such regular aruba lovers! we cant wait to get there!
    Last edited by n and n; 03-20-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n&n View Post
    Hi there!

We are from the uk. We will be making our first trip to Aruba this october. We have been to most other carribean islands and were looking to get away later in the year and saw that aruba had a lovely climate at this time. I t has only been availiable to us in the uk for the last couple of years and remains very limited to us with select tour operators only offering package deals.

From all the info we have heard from such regular aruba lovers! we cant wait to get there!

You won't want to leave and I guarantee that you will be back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast