Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: When Do You Go To Aruba and Why That Time of Year

Quote Originally Posted by skbrandon View Post
    I'll be there around the same time! I've always HATED winter, so I've always wanted to be somewhere warm when it's cold in NYC. Buying my timeshare was the first item I checked off my bucket list! I'll be there Jan 25-Feb 8 (weeks 4&5). Didn't want week 6 because it's Valentine's Day and I almost always go solo. Didn't want week 7 because it's Teacher's Week and while it's great for them I'm just not feeling it. But I am considering buying week 3 and adding on...
    Actually you'll be there exactly the same time! We have #4&5 too but are trying to go down a few days early this year and stay with friends for the extra nights. It's a great time to go. A perfect break from ice, snow, wind and cold. We especially like it when there's a big storm or two while we're gone.

When we originally started visiting Aruba we had to go later in the season because DH's father farmed and he worked with his dad on the farm. So from about April to October we had to be home...We bought a TS that was in September, much to his mother's dismay....(I was on the bad daughter-in-law list forever over that )...Ended up switching it out for November and now have 2 that are the 2 weeks before Thanksgiving week and one float that we usually play with. But we like November because as Andrea mentioned it is less busy, more laid back and gets us ready for those cold winters....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Our first trip was over New Years 1989/90 because it was our honeymoon. On subsequent trips, we usually went in February and once in October. DH never wanted to go in the summer months because he heard the trade winds die down and it is extremely hot. In 2011 and 2012, we went over Christmas break because we have teenagers, and that was their Christmas present for those 2 years because I found great air fares. This year we went in June for 2 reasons; 1. we could NOT find decent airfare at Christmas (almost double what we paid in prior years); 2. the kids' last day of school was June 4, so we waited for them to be done with the school year. We really enjoyed June and the reduced crowds and there were plenty of trade winds to keep us cool (anyone who was there in May and June this year can attest to the strong breezes). Our next trip may be next April for our 25th anniversary; daughter will be at college and son can go visit grandma over spring break.

So, people with kids probably have different reasons for when they go to Aruba than people w/out kids.

Just as an FYI, who ever told you that in the summer "the trade winds die down and it is extremely hot" was mistaken. May through August are the windiest months of the year. The winds this year were not some fluke.

May weather
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 35 mph

June weather
    Average wind speed 20 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 37 mph

July weather
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 36 mph

August weather
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 34 mph

As you can see the winds in September drop considerably

September weather
    Average windspeed 15 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 31 mph

and on many occasion I have seen people say there is no wind in September but the winds on average are the same as December.
    December weather
    Average windspeed 15 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 31 mph

The time when there is little or no wind is when there is a tropical disturbance nearby. September, the height of hurricane season, is the month of the year when the island is most susceptible to no wind.

Arubalisa, it was DH who never wanted to go in the summer months. I think he read something in Fodors or Frommers many years ago about the tradewinds, and I never argued the issue with him; he's a guy. And I'd go to Aruba anytime he said he wanted to go. I loved going in June this year.

Given the summer we've had in Toronto, I'm thinking we might hit Aruba in the summer in the next few years. But having less winter is still appealing.

We generally go in beginning of Feb, have to get out of the cold northeast for a bit....although wish I could do like 3 weeks in aruba.... maybe sometime...but generally take another trip to florida about march so winter is definately MY choice vacation time.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

If anyone was curious, Aruba coastal sea temperatures peak in October at 85F (29.4C). The lowest is in Feb/Mar at 79F (26.1C). Though both are quite comfortable, 79 for me takes a few minutes to adjust.

Was there this Jul 22 to Aug 6 and the water was about 80F, slightly lower than average. The pools were much warmer however.

In close to 20 visits (over thirty weeks), we've had only one "washout" day and maybe 2 other days with more than an hour of rain. Trips have covered January, April, May, June, November and December, loved them all. Going to add September and October to the list in just a few weeks and hoping for nothing but sun.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Interesting. I'll take a 79 degree Caribbean Sea over a frozen front door any time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast