Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: When do you visit Aruba?

Aruba since 1979

When do you visit Aruba?

What time of year do you visit Aruba? Why?

If you are owners of fixed week timeshare, is/are the fixed week(s) still working for you?

We are timeshare owners, but typically rent out most of our units and then use interval or rent from an owner or stay at Bananas.

We prefer May and November because the island is pretty quiet and the crowds are minimal.

If you could visit at another time other than your regular, when would that be?

I think that I'd choose July as it is nice to get out of the oppressive Florida heat and humidity and head to Aruba where at least the trade winds blow steadily.

We tend to do two weeks in low season (Oct/November) and the balance (four weeks) in the dead of the Canadian winter (Jan/Feb). We looked at trying Xmas and New Year's but the flights were ridiculously expensive. We'll wait until we can do and extended trip over the holidays (e.g. Dec 1st to Feb 1st).

I don't see us going in the summer anytime as our whole goal is to avoid Canadian winter as much as possible.

My first two visits to Aruba was during early August as that was when my aunt and her family had their timeshare with CPV scheduled for. My third visit was in early January 2014 where I stayed at the Coconut Hotel in Noord. My last visit was in September of 2014, flew in on my 41st birthday, could not think of a better way to spend my birthday. Stayed at La Cabana, absolutely loved it. August was okay, even with the crowds, same for January. But I really prefer to go in September, not as crowded and the cost in both airfare and accommodations is reasonable. My next trip is planned for later September/early October of 2016 when I qualify for vacation from my job. Would love to visit Aruba during Carnival to really compare that one with the Carnival in T&T.

We go to the Paradise Beach Villas usually in the beginning of September. It's quiet at PBV and Aruba seems less crowded also.

Our first visit to Aruba as on Week 5. We stayed at Manchebo as part of a package. While we were there, we bought a timehare week #5 at Paradise Beach Villas. It seemed like the ideal time to get away from New England winter. We liked it so much, a couple of years later we bought week 4 @ PBV.

So here we are, 17 years later, going to Aruba at the end of January and coming home the beginning of February every year. We still feel this is a great time to bet away.

I think we are going to settle in to November or early December time slots, when the weather starts to get colder here. We have things to celebrate this time of year too. We like February to escape the cold, but can't always justify the prices during high season. Late April was a good trip for us too. We got a great deal at the Surf Club and it wasn't very crowded.

One reason we have avoided a timeshare purchase was being locked in to certain weeks or check in days. We like the flexibility to go when we want and when we have some control over what we choose as acceptable airfare.

We will probably won't go during summer since we can do beach vacations in driving distance from home. Even though our beaches can't hold a candle to Aruba, we still enjoy them.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-12-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added April details
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Our first visit was October. Having no Aruba.com Community Forum back then we had nothing to compare it to time-wise. I really don't remember if it was very crowded or not - it was our first experience.

Every other trip has been in July or August when the kids are out of school. It works well for us, for now.

We finally purchased time share last year - first 2 weeks of August. My son's football coach doesn't appreciate it, but other than that we don't really see a problem for a while.

We hope to add a few weeks during the winter months as an escape for Rich & I and keep those August weeks for many years to come, adding kids' significant others & eventually grandchildren
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We pretty much do May/November because it is quieter. Summer months are not appealing to us since we spend summers on the lake in NH. Also enjoy March And April since we're usually sick if winter weather by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    My son's football coach doesn't appreciate it, but other than that we don't really see a problem for a while.
    I'll bet the coach would appreciate it if you brought them to Aruba with you.

We go over Easter (spring break) every year, which is a nice break from our long cold winters (WI). Then we try and go again in June. For the next 8 yrs or so we are tied to our son's school schedule. Easter can get a little crowed, I'd rather go in Jan or Feb. June is always nice, not too crowed and a fun way to kick off summer vacation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast