Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: When does it hit you when you know you are back?

It's a process for me. Starts when I get on the plane in Newark and feel the excitement of everyone around me. It reallys builds when I get my first glimpse of the island from the plane window and start to look for the landing strip. I then feel the electricity of everyone in the immigration check-in area and when I hear that wonderful Aruban accent from the agents. And I know I'm back home in Aruba when I feel that warm (it's really hot) air as we leave the airport to pick up our car. I find myself smiling all the way to Palm Beach and the start of another wonderful vacation.

Bon Bini!

It first hits me that we're really back when my husband and I are in our hotel room and we open the glass doors to the balcony overlooking the gorgeous Caribbean. It's not only the beauty of the view, it's also the Aruba *air* that conveys the feeling of paradise.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

I am with Charles, because each time the wheels hit the landing strip in Aruba, my eyes tear up. And I think to myself, "At last I am back home, if only for three weeks." And once we arrive at Playa Linda, I, along with about 8 or 10 friends, family and other ex-Lago family members, grab our bottles of wine, a pizza or two and head to the beach to watch our first sunset, once again thankful we are back on "The Rock." And then I wonder where my first road trip will take me. Has to be back to "The Colony" where I was born and grew up. And as I stand in front of the church on the hill in The Colony, I remember that awful night of February 16, 1942 when the Germans attacked the island. It brings back those memories, sights and sounds. And then I am off to Colorado Point to stand on the edge overlooking the beautiful Caribbean and know just how lucky I am to return to my birth place. Yes, Charles, I consider myself very fortunate also and so look forward to hearing those wheels hitting the landing strip in Aruba on June 11, arriving on the Continental Flight from Houston, TX. Just does not get any better.
    Be well, Charles.

Just does not get any better.
    Be well, Charles.[/QUOTE]

Dolores

I try Dolores - I try
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

I feel it when I get up in the morning of departure and put suitcases in car !!!!!!! The smile only fads as we close the suitcases for the return trip to home.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

It's when I find that every piece of luggage has arrived and I then see Bully waiting for us.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12