Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We never travel with 50's were always told that the shop owners did not like them because of possible counterfeits. We use credit cards now whenever possible and travel with $200-$300 in singles and five's for taxis, tips and incidentals.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

In the past some places did not like $100 bills due to the number of bad bills passed around down there in the past. Don't be surprised to see pit bosses, shops, .... hold your bills up to a light to see all the good watermarks. Some places will not accept $100 unless they are the newest ones. Have never had any problems with $50's as long as they are the newest. Bank tellers look at me funny when I hand back all the old ones and ask for newer ones. On the new ones(2004 and up) the background behind Grant will be like a flag with light blue stars on the left and red stripes on the right. Even the new 20's and 10's have a background now in different colors. Only bring them also.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 05-24-2009 at 01:59 PM.

REB

Thumbs down Cash From ATM's

Hi'

Regarding the use of credit cards in Aruba, do the ATMs only dispense cash in Aruban Florins?

Is it possible to obtain US Dollars from an ATM?

My wife and I are due to arrive in Aruba on Saturday night and we are really looking forward to a special holiday.

Many thanks,

REB

Most ATM's gives you the choice of U.S. $ or AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by REB View Post
    Hi'

Regarding the use of credit cards in Aruba, do the ATMs only dispense cash in Aruban Florins?

Is it possible to obtain US Dollars from an ATM?

My wife and I are due to arrive in Aruba on Saturday night and we are really looking forward to a special holiday.

Many thanks,

REB
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12