Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Why Aruba?

Why Aruba?

If you're a recurring visitor, timeshare or home owner, I'd be interested in hearing why you chose Aruba. Some questions:

Did you visit other places and/or Caribbean islands before landing here?

Is it easy to get to Aruba from where your "home" is?

Why not Curacao?

Aruba since 1979
    Why Aruba?
    i posted this a year or more ago
    check the link for some replies

yes, we have visited lots of caribbean, bahama, bermuda and mexico places.

yes to curaçao, ...long time ago.......beaches not so great, friendliness no so much, too busy and congested.

ease of getting to Aruba from our area..........40 min drive to Orlando International......onto non stop SWA to AUA

former home in MA..........30 min drive to Logan and then a nonstop on AA to AUA

Ah... great minds drink alike...!

think alike... not drink... that would be crazy...

ha!

The weather, friendly people, feeling safe. Have been to other islands but just not as nice.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Visited and enjoyed plenty of Caribbean islands but none of them feel like Aruba. So I guess its just a gut feeling kind of thing. It also doesn't hurt that for us its a pretty cheap nonstop flight compared to similar destinations. The fact that the chance of having a vacation ruined by a hurricane or similar tropical activity is minimal is the clincher.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

The promise of warm weather and little chance of rain is what lured us to Aruba. It's also just a 4 1/2 hour nonstop flight from Boston. Once in Aruba it wasn't all about the warm weather and beaches it was also the warm and welcoming people.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 12-08-2014 at 08:37 PM.

1) low rainfall, its a desert. Out of hurricane belt, I play the odds.

2) its much safer compared to other places, mexico, Jamaica, etc. You can rent a vehicle drive where ever, stop anywhere.

3) the people are nice, I have never been asked to buy stuff on the Beach, or when driving around. No begging etc.

4) great, high quality restaurants that u can drive to, catch a taxi, even a bus.

5) we travel with small kids, so again safely is paramount.

6) direct flight options for us phl, ewr, JFK, etc. Its about the same as other places.

As a family we have traveled to Mexico, Jamaica, punta cana, st. Lucia, Bahamas, Bermuda, Puerto Rico.

The beaches are nice every where (all islands), its like an argument over what super model is the most beautiful. However, aruba wins because I want the lowest chance of rain, and I want to feel safe and not be forced to be stuck on a "compound."

Hole this helps

Originally we chose Aruba for the weather, like many others we were playing the odds of no washouts. Our original wedding date being in the middle of hurricane season, so we picked Aruba for our honeymoon destination. (We didn't make it to our original wedding date of September...we ended up eloping before the wedding because my family is crazy and the budget was getting out of control..but that is way off topic, suffice it to say, we didn't keep the date, but we kept the honeymoon idea)

Aruba was our first trip out of the country, and we loved it. We took note of all of the repeat visitors and figured there must be something to this place. Everyone is was so friendly and we felt safe and comfortable. That was enough to keep us coming back. Some people don't like the commercialization, but having the comforts of home was a draw for us. Safe drinking water is another huge plus.

The next year we tried a cruise and visited the Bahamas and Grand Turk. The whole trip we continuously found ourselves comparing these places to Aruba. There is no comparison, the Bahamas were dirty and the people we encountered were more pushy than friendly. Grand Turk was okay. We decided at that point that if we were going to spend a significant amount of money on a vacation, we might as well go somewhere we know we love.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979

Aruba sets the bar very high.

I have used this analogy often Aruba= Neiman Marcus..........other Caribbean Islands/Mexico = Walmart
    Problem though with being in love with Aruba, no other islands come close to being satisfactory to Paul and I.

We live in Florida and we have access to very inexpensive cruises (we are considering a 5 day cruise for Jan 2 cost $149 pp).
    That being said, the itinerary is Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Been there numerous time and I say BLEECH to Cozumel and am only lukewarm to Grand Cayman.
    I blame Aruba for making me set my standards so high

Lol, yes, clean drinking water. I was sick for about a week after coming back from mexico, in punta cana both my wife and I got sick every day. Last year year while at Jamaica, we did not get sick, but our hotel had a sign that said don't drink the water. That was the RIU Palace tropical bay, a high end resort. I am sooooo over getting because I require Healthy water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast