Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WI-FI Aruba Card from Setar

I have been using wi-if calling on my iPhone 7Plus for several months and I have found it to work perfect. I leave the feature in all the time. If you are within your wi-if area, it will automatically use your wi-if signal instead of your cellar service to make the call. You do have to register your address once you activated this feature. It is a one safety feature that will allow 911 operators know the location of were you registered your phone. Once it is setup on your phone, it works flawlessly and no applications are required. When in Aruba, turn on airplane mode, and turn on wi-if. That's it, now you are set. You will receive and make calls just as if your phone is connected to cell service.

The Facebook Messenger app is really great quality for phone calls. I talk to family in Italy & Germany all the time using it! We used it to call home to NJ & CA from Eagle Beach last summer and from the beach to my kids' phones & SIL back at LaCabana - shocked at the quality.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by chews2 View Post
    I personally have not used this service yet. My son used it in Japan for data and I
    we will both be using in Aruba in 3 weeks.

https://www.xcomglobal.com/price
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum chews2!

Aruba since 1979
    i am thinking that we got off track here ....

here is the original posting:WI-FI Aruba Card from Setar

Has anyone used the WI-FI Aruba card from Setar? Since I only need data, I thought that I may be better off getting this rather than getting a SIM card for my iPhone. Although it may be a bit less expensive to get the SIM, the amount of data would be limited. Setar is offering 30 days use for $70 and I would not need to purchase a new SIM. I am just unsure about how good the service would be. Also, does the WI-FI card prevent me from setting up my phone as a hot-spot and using it to allow my wife to access the internet with her iPad? I am staying at the Costa Linda, and would like to use the internet around the pool and on the beach.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    is the wifi card from setar like a device or is it something you have to put in your phone?

Aruba since 1979
    i think the card from SETAR has a code on it.
    it is the size of a credit card...one enters the code into their own device (any device that utilizes wifi) and that is the sign in code for setar wifi
    we used to use it at lacabana a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    is the wifi card from setar like a device or is it something you have to put in your phone?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    ok, thanks. that's an alternative if the MIO people are closed down

Aruba since 1979
    if the place where you are staying offers SETAR wifi for free, you will not need the Setar card.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    ok, thanks. that's an alternative if the MIO people are closed down

We used Setar WiFi while staying at Aruba Beach club. We didn't have the card, but signed up using this website.
    http://www.wifi-aruba.com/visitors.php
    You have to be near one of their hotspots for it to work. Our internet at the resort was fine, no issues.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast