Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WI-FI Aruba Card from Setar

i have skype and it works. My sister-in-law who lives in Canada has a BBM(blackberry messenger) and has us download the app. It works on wi-fi and I've used it using wi-fi in both Canada and in the US to call her. I think we called her once on vacation, but I don't remember where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Has anyone used the WI-FI Aruba card from Setar? Since I only need data, I thought that I may be better off getting this rather than getting a SIM card for my iPhone. Although it may be a bit less expensive to get the SIM, the amount of data would be limited. Setar is offering 30 days use for $70 and I would not need to purchase a new SIM. I am just unsure about how good the service would be. Also, does the WI-FI card prevent me from setting up my phone as a hot-spot and using it to allow my wife to access the internet with her iPad? I am staying at the Costa Linda, and would like to use the internet around the pool and on the beach.
    What about https://xoxowifi.com/ ? . I used router from this company in many countries (like Spain, USA, Japan, Jamaica) and it worked well. I haven't got any problems with range or with device. Maybe this will be the best solution, I hope

Hi LeeAnders! Welcome to the forum!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome leeAnders

Quote Originally Posted by LeeAnders View Post
    What about https://xoxowifi.com/ ? . I used router from this company in many countries (like Spain, USA, Japan, Jamaica) and it worked well. I haven't got any problems with range or with device. Maybe this will be the best solution, I hope
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'm not a tech savvy person and just bring my iPad to Aruba. Yup, I'm on Facebook. So I can use the phone feature on Facebook messages to call the USA using our resorts wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    I'm not a tech savvy person and just bring my iPad to Aruba. Yup, I'm on Facebook. So I can use the phone feature on Facebook messages to call the USA using our resorts wifi?
    You can use that feature to call other Facebook members who use FB messenger. The voice quality is amazing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123