Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wifi card??

We also have a town home at Gold Coast. GC is listed as a Setar hot spot and wifi is available there through Setar. I never buy the card - instead I just open my browser and am brought to the Setar page where, with a credit card, I can purchase the time that I want. You can purchase an hour, a day, a week, a month, etc. They also sell the wifi cards in the management office at GC if you prefer not to use a credit card online.

The only problem is as of late, the connectivity to the wifi has been spotty for us. We often had to take the laptop up to the high rise area to access the internet from there. We now have an antenna installed right in our house, a network specifically for our home has been created, and you can access it with a password. We are anxious to find out on our next trip there if this has improved the connectivity problem.

We know that others at GC do not have the connectivity problem we have, but think it could perhaps be because of the location of our unit in the development.

But long story short, wifi is available at Gold Coast through Setar at their normal rates.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thank you, maybe i'll take a chance.......

Aruba since 1979
    good idea ehamp

also too, if you go the route by paying for the service online as ehamp suggests....
    when you sign on at the condo rental unit, if you cannot pick up a signal when you open your browser you will not have already put out the $ for the service.

if you are just wanting to bring a kindle for reading already downloaded books, (books downloaded from home internet) those books will remain on your kindle even if there is no internet signal for you at gold coast in aruba. all you'd have to do is recharge the device/battery.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    okay, so my wonderful stepdaughter and future son-in-law as a thank you for doing all the wedding stuff just bought us an android 8" tablet. I can't believe I never had one. anyway, they wanted us to take it away with us, etc. so my question is, at the airport when we land in aruba, is there a place to purchase a wifi card that we can use for the two weeks we are there? I know the guy we rent from said something like you can get it at the gold coast office but i'd rather just get it at the airport if that's possible.

thanks

Aruba since 1979
    Find out 1st if gold coast's wifi is setar or digicel.
    If it is one of those then yes u can get a wifi card at the airport kiosk.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    okay, so my wonderful stepdaughter and future son-in-law as a thank you for doing all the wedding stuff just bought us an android 8" tablet. I can't believe I never had one. anyway, they wanted us to take it away with us, etc. so my question is, at the airport when we land in aruba, is there a place to purchase a wifi card that we can use for the two weeks we are there? I know the guy we rent from said something like you can get it at the gold coast office but i'd rather just get it at the airport if that's possible.

thanks

okay, how do I find that out? my guy I rent from I asked and he is clueless. Does anyone who owns a townhome or rents at Gold Coast know the answer to this question about the wifi??? I just thought if I got a wifi card it would work anywhere. I'm glad you clued me in. Would love an answer from a Gold Coast owner...

Aruba since 1979
    Gaby on an earlier post on this thread someone said GoldCoast wifi is from setar

thanks Andrea, I am going to email my owner and ask him to double check. now does that mean that the airport kiosk would have one or both that you mentioned and I just have to tell them which one I want? sorry I am so technologically challenged, lol

Andrea, I actually went to the website for the gold coast. when they talk about their utilities, etc., they say they have setar telephone and internet capabilities or whatever they said. so that means if I get a setar card at the airport, I should be good to go, right? Also, Andrea==you have the patience of a saint, lol....

Aruba since 1979
    yes get the setar card at the airport kiosk.
    when you exit the airport luggage room, got thru the doorway and setar will be on your left.

if you feel more comfortable, ask the person at the kiosk to sign you on. he/she might oblige if there is no line formed behind you.
    a $5 tip would probably suffice. with you not feeling comfortable with this kind of thing, the tip $ might be the best money spent.

make sure that you save the log in setar number. you may have to enter it every time you log on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast