Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wifi card??

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks. I had pm'd shynda and he said I can just go to the townhome, log on to wifi, where is says wifi aruba, click it and then purchase it right from there. since he owns a townhome there I figure he should definitely know, lol. but either way, if there is no line at the airport kiosk, I may just purchase it from them and have them do it for me. and you're right, a $5 tip is nothing to insure its done right. Hey Shynda, if you are reading this, is that a good way to do it for the gold coast, lol? I can't believe the guy I rent from doesn't have wifi at his place. almost everyone who rents a townhome, apt, villa has wifi. he must be more technologically challenged then me & hubby, lol. even I would have wifi if I owned a place and rented it out.

Aruba since 1979
    shynda is right.
    yes you can purchase the setar that way by purchasing w/ your credit card.
    i always hesitate to do credit card purchases though over a public wifi site, that is why i had suggested the card.
    it's just me though.....a bit of a worry fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    thanks. I had pm'd shynda and he said I can just go to the townhome, log on to wifi, where is says wifi aruba, click it and then purchase it right from there. since he owns a townhome there I figure he should definitely know, lol. but either way, if there is no line at the airport kiosk, I may just purchase it from them and have them do it for me. and you're right, a $5 tip is nothing to insure its done right. Hey Shynda, if you are reading this, is that a good way to do it for the gold coast, lol? I can't believe the guy I rent from doesn't have wifi at his place. almost everyone who rents a townhome, apt, villa has wifi. he must be more technologically challenged then me & hubby, lol. even I would have wifi if I owned a place and rented it out.

WiFi can be obtained in one of three ways.
    # 1 From a stationary broadcasting antenna (hotel for example) Normally pay front desk at hotel or to the area you are in. Sometimes this is free.
    # 2 Your ANDROID phone As a mobile AP - (Access Point) Pay as your cell phone services package and can cost you an arm and a leg.
    # 3 Mobile VOIP - AP (As in MIO) where the access is basically done the same as in option #2 however the access point has no other functions except the WI FI

If you are on vacation anywhere in the world and need internet access, the first choice (depending on your plan back home should be the Mobile AP (# 2) After that comes the MIO. Lastly go for the in-house WI-FI.

That is my take on it when I travel.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    yes, Andrea, I am with you. that is a little bothersome, too. I will probably purchase the monthly thing since its 70 and the weekly is $35. I'll tip the guy and get him to at least show me what to do, lol. I hesitate to put my cc info on there, too. I would pay the setar people cash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123